Chapter 10

100 AD Somewhere in Japan

Esther woke in the night to her husband yelling, she sat up and watched, he had warned her never to wake him. She was able to pick words out of his cries

"No.... Cassandra... Cassandra!!"

She sighed sadly and stood walking toward the room adjoining theirs. Laying in bed awake was her brother Noah, she climbed in beside him as she had done since childhood.

"Who's Cassandra?"

Esther shrugged "I do not know."

The next morning Noah went out to the village leaving his sister and brother behind. Methos walked into the main room of the house, and smiled at his wife.

"Good morning!" He approached her kneeling next to where she was cooking

She smiled sadly contemplating her next question

"Methos.... Who, who is Cassandra?"

Methos pulled back "How did you????"

"Your call her in your sleep"

Method stood walking to the other side of the room, he leaned his head against the wall. Memories running through him, the one thing he had tried to keep from his wife.

Esther approached him wrapping her arms around his waist and placing her head against his back.

"If you do not wish to speak of it... You do not have to."

He shook his head "Come, lets go on a ride."

The two walked outside to their barn grabbing their horses, they took off, side by side as they always were.

They came to a valley where they often went to get away from the village and dismounted. Methos knelt to the ground contemplating his next words. His wife knelt next to him watching, waiting...

"I have told you almost everything about my life.. The good, the bad, the things I did... Youve always been understanding...

But there is one thing I did when I was one of the Horseman.. Something I... I wasnt ready to tell you."

Esther reached out grabbing his hand but remaining silent

"We attacked a village, it was just like normal.. Except this time there was a woman, Cassandra, she was pre-immortal.. We killed her, and waited for her to awaken.... When she awoke she couldnt believe what was happening, but she fought us at every move.

I was the one who had killed her, so she belonged to me, and I......" He paused looking at his wife before looking away hoping, praying, she would not look at him with disgust when he was finished

"I broke her, raped her again and again... Then I treated her with kindness, made her need me... By the end she cared about me... Then when she trusted me most, Kronos asked for her... And I, Esther I was a coward, I gave her to him and he, Caspian, and. Silas they all raped her while I listened.

She managed to get away, and I saw her leaving.. I let her go.. It wasnt long after that, that I left."

He stopped waiting for his wife to say something

Esther was staring into the distance taking everything in, before she spoke "Then you redeemed yourself, you left, and you had mercy on her." She played with Methos hand as she spoke, not noticing how he stared at her in awe.

"I only have one question.. Did, did you love her?"

Method frowned not sure how to answer the question "I, was fond of her... Perhaps at that time I thought I was in love, it was because of her that I realized that there was still good in the world."