15- Safe and sound

Mio's POV

As we started to walk into the forest, I felt myself getting paler each sound that comes from the forest; even the rustling just scares me so much. I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear as I follow Kisumi, who was leading the way while I was holding on to his shirt.

Kisumi looked back at me with a reassuring smile as we stopped in our tracks.

"Don't worry Mio, I'll protect you." He says as he pats my head. I nod slowly as I gulped. A rustle startles me and I find myself hugging Kisumi tightly, tears threatening to to spill. Kisumi was like my big brother already, and I felt safe in his arms.

But... Somehow his hugs felt empty to me.

"Mio." He says and I look up to him, his pretty purple eyes shown as the moon light hits the forest. "I... I like you." I stepped back, releasing him from the hug.

I saw his cheeks turn light pink from the light of the flashlight as he looked away. "... I don't care if you don't say it back. Just as long as I told you." He says, pinching my cheeks with a smile.

I nod slowly, trying to process what he just told me when we heard a scream from Yui.

"Yui?! Yui daijoubou?!" I exclaim, dropping my flashlight.

"MIO-CHAAAAN!" Nagisa and Yui exclaims simultaneously, cries of terror erupting and the birds taking flight.

"I think it's this way!" Kisumi says as he runs towards the left, I started to follow him when I forgot to pick up my flash light. I went back to pick it up when I saw that Kisumi was not to be found anywhere anymore.

I'm alone.

I felt as if cold water was splashed at me, as I felt scared by every second. I started walking in a random direction, and sure enough; I think I'm lost.

•••

Haru's POV

"Did you hear that?" Rin says as we stopped walking with a bewildered look. I think Yui and Nagisa are lost, but they should be near by.

"Come on, they're probably this way." I say as we turned to the right and started walking again, Kisumi's voice is still in my head; and it's pretty much ruining my mood, which is horrible already.

'I love Mio and I'll do anything for her to fall in love with me.' Kisumi said earlier while the others were busy playing with the fireworks.

I guess I have some sort of competition? I gotta know what Mio's feelings are soon. After a few minutes walking, We saw Kisumi,Yui,Nagisa,Rei,Azusa,Mugi,and Makoto in the center of the forest already, and all of them had worried looks on their face.

"I hope Mio-senpai is okay." I heard Azusa say with a worried tone as she fixed her bangs and turned her green flashlight on.

"Guys, what's going on?" Ritsu says as Kisumi looks the most worried in the group.

"We heard screams and I followed it and it happened to be Nagisa and Yui." Kisumi explains. I look around.

Rei suddenly appeared out of the forest, out of breath. "No luck, I haven't seen Mio-san." He says breathlessly. I widened my eyes at his sentence.

"Where's Mio?" I ask Kisumi, who looks down on the ground. I felt anger rising up as I suddenly grip him by the shirt.

"YOU LOST HER?!" I lost my cool once and for all when Makoto and Rin pried us apart.

"I thought she was following-"

"I trusted you with her! She's probably crying and lost right now!" I say as I take out my phone and dial Mio's number. Crap. It's in the house I just remembered.