two.

Chapter Two𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨

Chapter Two
𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨

•••

"YOU MEAN to tell me you played volleyball all summer?" Came the groan of Tanaka Ryu, one of her closest friends. The Hinata girl had been giving a detailed explanation of her summer, from waking up early to see the most wonderful sunrises, to exploring Tokyo with her newest friends (who so graciously helped her get around and showed her lots of land marks), and, of course, training for volleyball. They got to play almost all the schools in the prefecture and even went against some extremely skilled teams. She already missed Tokyo and knew it wouldn't be long before she was begging to go back.

"Yup! Sorry, Tanaka-kun. I know you're probably jealous," she giggled at his face, digging her head into her arms. It had barely been two hours of school, and she was already worn out. The two were sat to the left in the middle row, seats they had claimed from year one (when they first met) and seats they would not lose to any mere student.

Akino felt the reminiscence of her previous school year the second she sat down in the oak chair, feeling the uncomfortable seat once more. In the back, there were screws which her hair would always get stuck to. Tanaka would always evil-laugh at her when she would yell suddenly, scratching her head and glaring at the chair.

"Well, I was stuck with my stupid sister all summer," He groaned, glancing at his friend in despair, but her eyes lit up like fireworks and she immediately whipped to the side, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him excitedly. He flinched at her response, but it wasn't unexpected, and he found himself sweat-dropping at her aggressiveness. Akino was always one for the dramatics, just like his sister.

"Saeko was home, and you didn't bother tell me?" She hissed, a growing grin on her face when she thought of the girl. Akino had only met Tanaka's sister halfway through the first year after studying at the boy's house, but the second they spoke, it was like a bond had already been there. They quickly became best friends, leaving Ryu in the dust, as yet again another person loving his sister more than him. Akino always felt like she could tell the blonde girl anything, so whenever she had a problem (whether girl related or having to do with a particular boy), she was the one the redhead went to. Saeko knew all the drama going on in her life.

Ryu glanced at her with an incredulous look on his face. How anyone could like his sister was beyond him. His mind rang with thoughts like 'you were gone in Tokyo, how would you even see her anyways', but he chose to bury the battle, knowing the fiery redhead would win any argument anyway.

"Yeah. She's home and I'm not happy about it." The boy grumbled, rubbing his face from tiredness. Class hadn't even started yet, and he was already tired, leaning on his chair like it was the only thing keeping him standing. It probably was. Akino rubbed her neck, imagining the blonde girl blasting hardcore rock music until three in the morning. Her amused giggles could be heard as she imagined Tanaka with a pillow over his head in annoyance, brows furrowed and a noticeable tick on his forehead.