four.

Chapter Four𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭

Chapter Four
𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭

•••

"AKINO! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT!" The redhead was bombarded by her brother's explosive energy as she rounded the corner near the boys volleyball gym. It was late, just about before their practice ended. She expected to see her brother inside, but instead he departed the area by the doors in a flash. He was running across the soccer field with great urgency towards his sister, bag swinging behind him. She yelped, preparing for impact. Shoyo skidded to a stop, his gym shoes sliding against the grass and sending him crashing right into her. They fell backwards, Akino shouldering most of the impact from the fall as her brother crashed on top of her.

"Shoyo! I swear—" a dangerously dark aura surrounded the girl as she shoved him off of her, sitting up and rubbing her arms. They stung slightly from his weight, but nothing too serious. But she wasn't about to let him believe that she was okay with it, feeling anger surge within her, "you boke! You could've seriously hurt me- what if I wasn't able to play volleyball? Oh, you'd be sorry if I wasn't able to play... you better watch yourself next time and maybe don't go hurling at me like that!" She growled, picking herself up and staring down at the cowering boy. He put his hands up to cover his face in case she decided to hit him with her school bag (something she might have done once or twice when he was being rude.)

After letting out a long sigh, her smile reappeared and she offered her hand to him, as if she hadn't just yelled at the top of her lungs. For a second his sister reminded him of Kageyama-san, his rival. So level headed yet the black haired boy could get furious in an instant. The siblings stared at each other, one calm and friendly, the other hesitant and nervous. Finally, sensing he wasn't in too much danger, Hinata slipped his hand in hers, letting her tug him upwards. She didn't do anything bad, just let him get his balance.

"Sorry, Akino. I really am!" He scratched the back of his neck, ringing out the color of his shirt. She shrugged, throwing a loose arm around his shoulder as she tugged him to the bleachers to sit down. The wind whipped through the trees of the near by forest, calming into a gentle breeze by the time it passed them. It ruffled the tips of the boy's hair and made Akino's swirl a bit, sending cool wind down her neck.

They reached the empty bleachers, Akino sitting down to catch her breath after having the wind knocked out of her. Shoyo stood in front of her, full of energy as he told her about the events he had endured after school.

The sun was still in the sky, lowering slowly and almost as beautiful as the morning, it created a nice golden glow over the field. Akino laughed alongside her brother as he informed her he might have knocked the principal's toupee right off his head, and told her about his fight with the dark haired boy: Kageyama, and how they had challenged his captain to a practice game to join the team. Akino felt her heart swell when she realized her brother had already found something he enjoyed, a rival to beat, and found himself in a tough situation. While he had limited volleyball experience, she tried to help him as much as possible with the stuff she learnt in her team in middle school. Akino had not joined the team until halfway into year one, because then she was terrified of even stepping foot in the gym, let along taking to the team. But Daichi and Sugawara had pushed her enough, instilling her with the confidence. With the knowledge she learned in Tokyo she figured it would be a fun year.