three.

Chapter Three𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

Chapter Three
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐛

•••

"HEY, SUGA!" The clicking of her shoes against the laminated floor echoed through the near empty hallway as she rushed to catch up to her friend. The upperclassman waved his classmates onward to their classes before waiting for the girl to reach him. She grinned, hair flying as she slid to a stop beside the boy. He smiled in amusement as her large backpack jingled behind her.

"Hey Akino-chan! Do you need something?" His head tilted slightly. He was not looking to be late to a class on the first day of school, but seeing her frantic waving, he figured it was important. The Hinata girl huffed, shuffling through a binder of papers before shoving a few in his hand. She began dusting her hands off and smiling like an accomplished woman. He eyed the pages, quickly realizing it was a volleyball sign-up form.

"My brothers volleyball form. It somehow got in my bag!" She giggled and quickly added, "sorry for forcing them on you. Probably should have found Daichi-kun or Takeda-senpai but I don't have time." She nervously ran her fingers through her hair, a habit she had picked up long ago from her Mother. Luckily the older boy didn't seem to mind, simply excited another boy would be joining his team. The numbers were sure dwindling down each year, as Karasuno was no longer recognized as a powerhouse school. He stuffed the form in his backpack, making a mental note to bring it to Takeda-senpai.

He offered to walk her to her class which she agreed, and they fell into conversation about the volleyball club, specifically the three third years playing and of course, Kiyoko too. She would be leaving off to college and needed a replacement manager, and he was bugging Akino about taking the spot. In fact, the whole team had been pestering her about it. She wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to, knowing it would suck not to actually get to play, and instead having to set up the nets and take care of the boys. Not to mention all of her other dedications. She admired Kiyoko for what she did, but Akino loved the sport too much to not play.

Akino and Sugawara had always gotten along, the older boy acting like another brother. She trusted him to always be there, and he did too, knowing the redhead was great at listening to his rants. It was sad that it was his last year, but they promised to make the best of it.

"Well, here we are. Thanks, Suga-kun! I might stop by, its Hinata's first day," She mused, pulling at the straps of her bag. Sugawara nodded keenly, nudging her.

"It'd be nice to see you there. I know the team misses you. I got to get to class, though. See 'ya Akino-chan!" He said a quick goodbye and hurried away to his class, leaving Akino to her least favorite subject, science. It had just never made too much sense, nor interested the girl. She was perfectly content with her limited knowledge on how the world worked. She didn't perform badly in the class, in fact Akino held good grades all around the table. But she was a very in-the-moment person, and thinking about life in a technical aspect never appealed to her.