4.

kumain ka na ba? hmm?

Class was on going for you, and you were as bored as you could be

The teacher was blabbering about nonsense that you studied a week ago, so you didn't really need to pay attention.

You looked through the classroom and it was clear you weren't the only one who was bored.

Because on the corner of your eye you saw your dual haired friend who was clearly not paying attention and was just looking out the window in boredom.

Smirking, you silently ripped out a piece of paper from your notebook and quickly scribbled something down.

Thankfully, Rindou was sat in front of you so you didn't have any hassle throwing the paper to him without getting caught by the teacher.

You threw the paper and it landed on his lap, Rindou looked at what was thrown at him and carefully opened it without making any noise to cause trouble.

What if you were mine?

That was what was written on the piece of paper.

Now don't get it mixed up, you liked Ran, just Ran, but you always sent Rindou empty flirts that he never replies to.

This time however, Rindou started to write something below the sentence, you assumed it was an insult or anything like 'gross' or 'pay attention.'

But when you got the paper back, you got surprised.

You don't have competition.

You were just shocked, not flustered, shocked. It was the first time he replied to your empty flirts and the first time he flirted back.

Well, it wasn't that you were uncomfortable with it, you and Rindou promised you'd never fall for each other, and you thought it was impossible anyway since he knew you liked his brother.

Either way, you smiled at this in an amused manner and shoved the paper back to your bag.

- ღ -

Lunch came and you told Rindou to save you a seat in the cafeteria since you needed to go to the bathroom.

As you finished your business, you spotted a braided man from the school gate holding a small bento.

It was Ran.

Your mind immediately went to cloud nine as you heart sky rocketed.

With enough preparation and breathing exercises, you went to the school gate to approach the breathtaking Haitani, who looked like he was looking for something.

When you started getting nearer, Ran eventually spotted you and waved with a smile.

"Hi, y/n. Have you seen Rindou?" he asked politely.

"Oh! Yeah! Do you need anything?" you looked everywhere except for where he was.

Ran gave you a close-eyed smile, "I need to give him his lunch, can you give it to him for me?"

"Of course! Anything for y- I mean sure!" Ran handed you the bento and you took it from him in eagerness, Ran asked you for a favor.

When Ran handed you the bento, you noticed that your fingers touched slightly and the small contact made yout hink your heart was seriously gonna burst.

You were about to move along to find Rindou until Ran spoke again.

"Have you eaten yet?"

Looking back at him, he was holding a takeout from Wendy's in his hand that was originally in his pocket, it seemed like he was signaling you to get the takeout to eat.

"Not yet.. the line is long in the cafeteria but it probably lessened already." Ran seemed to frown at this.

Ran extended his arm for you to grab the takeout, so you took it from him but before you did, Ran used his free hand to grab your hand and planted a kiss on one of your fingers.

"A pretty girl shouldn't wait for her food." he winked as he gave you his signature smile.

The way he was staring at you as of the moment gave you butterflies all over your stomach, it was like you wanted to throw up rainbows.

He chuckled as he let go of your hand and gave you the takeout.

- ღ -

You finally finished telling the whole story to Rindou who had a pokerface the whole time.

During the time you were storytelling, Rindou's appetite kept getting lost in the woods. Especially since the meal he was eating was made by Ran himself.

Rindou couldn't believe that his brother was actually leading you on.

"Just be careful."