7.

painfully peaceful

painfully peaceful

Teardrops fell from your face, leaving the artwork of misery imprinted on the floor

"y/n!" Rindou quickly ran to where you were after he barged in the front door, your saddened figure planted a pang of guilt on his heart.

On the other hand, you didn't wanna see a face that reminded you of the godforsaken Haitani that had just broke your entire being, especially your heart.

You hastily rushed away, thankfully your house was only a couple blocks away. As your legs worked quickly, your eyes looked at the street that you once loved walking in, but you wanted to burn it now.

Rindou followed behind you, you ran as if you had no time left, Rindou chased after you as if he was in a race.

Finally, you reached your front door. Every breath you took suffocated you, Rindou finally caught up to you and you didn't care anymore. Your tears bursted like flames, the male beside you soften his look and wiped your tears for you.

He suddenly felt a contact on his cheek, you slapped him. "You knew, didn't you?!"

His head shifted to face you, your eyes were furious, eyes that he never met before. He knew happy eyes, he knew fun eyes, he knew eyes that would piss him off, yet make his heart race.

Even if those eyes he met were furious, angry, he found them beautiful. Simply because those eyes were yours.

"I did. I'm sorry." tears formed once more at the eyes he stared at.

The younger Haitani's hands made it's way to wipe those tears off your eyes once more, but was slapped away by your hands. "And you didn't tell me? Rindou? I thought we were friends?"

"You were in a good dream, I didn't wanna end it so soon."

"So you waited until it was a nightmare?!"

Another slap tried to meet Rindou's face, but his hand stopped yours from doing so. His grip was gentle, but it was strong enough so you couldn't get it out.

Vulnerability entered your body, you stared at his eyes, they looked like Ran's. But they weren't Ran's, they were Rindou's.

He pulled you to him, his arms wrapping your frame, you didn't return it, but he didn't care. You let him do so, but your heart wasn't beating like how it'd beat if he was Ran.

"I like you, y/n."

The world stopped for a moment, the moonlight stared at your shocked expression as Rindou continued his words. "I've liked you for a while now, but I kept it to myself." his voice shook as he declared his feelings to you.

"So please, stop crying. You can talk to me, you can use me, use me for your healing so you can be happy again. You can leave me once you find no use for me anymore. Just please, be happy."

A silence entered the night, you couldn't hear anything, just the words of your best friend.

You never felt anything for Rindou, he was a friend, just a best friend. Rindou never crossed your mind a lover.

Not even now.

Pushing him away, your tears finally stopped pouring like rain, you finally made eye contact with the guy that had just confessed to you. Guilt was the only thing you could feel.

"Sorry, Rindou. I don't like you." you looked down in a pit of guilt, but Rindou wasn't affected.

After all, he expected your reply. "So? You can still use m-"

"And I don't want to use you as rebound."

Rindou looked at you in shock, he observed you more and realized another quality that made him like you, your kindness.

You didn't want to use him, even if he let you do so. You viewed him as a friend, not a simple toy.

He sighed at your statement and smiled at you. Rindou took off his jacket, he put it on you as your face went to confusion at his actions.

"It's cold, wear this as you get in."

And with that, the night ended peacefully, yet painfully for both Rindou Haitani and y/n l/n.

End of Mistletoe Heartbreak.