Part 15

*a few weeks later*

"Hey, Mari! Looks like Ms. Aeri assigned us for the next combo routine," I said with a smile.

"Oh really? Yay, I'm excited. Did it say what song?" She responded, removing her high ponytail.

I shook my head and bent down to switch out of my dance class shoes into my Crocs. "Nah, apparently we choose. Do you have a song in mind?"

"Hmm, no. We can figure that out later though."

I nodded in agreement and we walked out of dance class together as Jungkook and Hobi stayed behind to speak with their other dance partners they were assigned to.

"Did you wanna grab something to eat?" Mari asked casually.

Feeling bad, I gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm actually going to grab food with Suga right now."

"Oh, late lunch with Yoongi. I see... I haven't had lunch yet," she trailed off, visibly upset.

Since that only made me feel like a worse friend, I offered her to join us. She surprisingly eagerly accepted, so I drove us to the local diner that I had never been to, but Yoongi recommended.

It wasn't a date. He hadn't called it a date, nor did I think of it as one (especially now with Mari joining). He had simply offered to grab a late lunch/early dinner because he would be alone at the house and didn't want to cook nor eat by himself. Seeing as I would've also been alone at my apartment, I innocently agreed. Definitely no hidden meanings.

"So..." Mari spoke up above the rap music I was playing through my Bluetooth speaker in my car.

"Hmm?" I hummed while turning the volume down and not taking my eyes off the road, but tilting my head slightly in her direction.

"Are you and Yoongi a thing?"

I almost hit the brakes and swerved right off the road.

"Huh??"

She repeated. "Are you guys dating?"

Sucking my lips inward, I laughed awkwardly. "No, definitely not. Just friends."

"You're sure? You guys don't act like just friends."

"What do you mean? That's how friends act. We are just friends."

I couldn't tell if I was trying to convince her or myself...

"So you're both single? He's single?"

"Um, I suppose so, yes?"

"Interesting," Mari drawled out as she faced completely forward in her chair.

***

"I'll text Yoongi we parked," I said while closing and locking my car door.

We walked towards the front of the restaurant slowly so I could text him and keep my eyes on my phone. He responded back saying he was already inside, so we picked up our pace.

I let Mari enter first so I could straighten my clothes and tuck my stray hairs behind my ears. With a giddy grin, I hurried inside after her and looked around for Yoongi.

Spotting his signature beanie, I settled into a cheesy ass smile. I caught myself and made a slightly disgusted face for being so excited like that over a simple friend.

He saw me approaching and began to smile, but abruptly stopped when he noticed Mari next to me. Seeing his face falter made mine do the same and I did my best to cover up my disappointment that it wouldn't just be us two.