December 24th - Christmas Cookies!

🍪.🍪.🍪

It was bright and early on the morning before Christmas. Everything was still and quiet in the neighborhood. No people, no cars, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Levi had awaken to the delightful aroma of cookie dough being baked. This triggered him to be reminded of the warm, nostalgic bakery in town. It was probably very busy today because of their new limited Chirstmas fruitcake that sold out like crazy.

Half asleep, he got up, curious to see who was up at this time.

Walking a few spaces to the kitchen, he saw the presence of someone that was waiting near the oven. He obviously knew it was Erwin, but his vision saw something otherwise. After rubbing his eyes a few times, he saw...Santa?

"Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas Eve, Levi!" The man exclaimed in a majestic voice, a familiar goofy smile on his face. He patted Levi on the head even though Levi didn't like being touched.

"I know it's you, Erwin."

"Erwin?! HO HO! He's not here right now-"

"Where is he then?" Levi nonchalantly played along, waiting on how long Erwin could keep this act up.

"Um...uh...he just went to go and take a jog!"

"In fucking 30 degree weather!? Whatever, aren't you supposed to arrive at night? Why would you come here right now?" Levi asked.

"Well, I just wanted to wish you an early merry Christmas and happy birthday...."

As "Santa" was talking while taking out the freshly baked cookies, Levi pulled out his phone and pressed the saved phone number for Erwin's phone. Immediately, another nearby phone vibrated in "Santa's" pocket as a "Never Gonna Give You Up" ringtone played.

Erwin frowned. "Aww man ☹."

"I'm not stupid, Erwin." Levi began to protest. "I've always known Santa is not rea-"

"He is real! You just don't believe!" Erwin shouted, taking off his Santa hat. "Do I have to make you watch The Polar Express again?"

Levi groaned. "Erwin...that is fictional. All of it is: Santa, The Polar Express, everything. Even the nine reindeer. It's...it's time to grow up, okay?"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK! THAT'S WHAT ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS SAY!" Erwin's loud voice had taken Levi aback; he had never yelled like his before. Erwin wanted to shed a tear to add to his dramatic outburst, but couldn't.

"Erwin..."

"YES...NO...WAIT...I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE-" Erwin hid his face in shame, pointing at the living room, which gave a message that Levi should leave.

Levi felt really bad. He didn't mean to make him sad, he just wanted Erwin to snap out of reality for once. But now, he watched as his Erwin was sadly eating the cookies he left out for Santa and chugging the chocolate milk on the couch.

Levi contemplated on what to do, he hated seeing him sad, especially on Chirstmas Eve: the day to be hyped up for Chirstmas. He got on his phone, desperately wanting to get some help from a few fellow friends by creating a group chat....

Chirstmas Eve Plan

-8:39 a.m.-

Hange: hUh 👁👄👁

Moblit: Bro I was playing Roblox who added me-

Mike: don't know

Levi: hey losers I need your help

Hange: Ruh roh 🙈

Moblit: what happened

Mike: spill the tea 🍵

     Levi: well I sorta told him that Santa is not real and that made Erwin sad and now idk what to do

Hange: Hmmm 🤔💭

Levi: STOP ADDING EMOJIS TO EVERY SENTENCE

Hange: Okay okay dangg 😰💅

Moblit: Have you tried apologizing?

   Levi: no because it'll feel like he was right all along and I don't want that

Hange: Yeah Moblit that plan sounds legit dumpster trash
Let's have someone dress up as Santa! So that he'll atleast be happy this year

Levi: well okay, who's going to dress up as him?

Hange: You-

Moblit: Mike

Levi: bitch what

Hange: 🤷‍♀️

Levi: he'll obviously know it's me dumbass

Moblit: Yeah I believe Mike is the right choice
He's chill and taller than Erwin

Levi: whatever, when will we meet?

Hange: At a few mintues to mightnight

Levi: aight
actually be there and don't ditch me

Hange: 👍

Moblit: 👍

Mike: sorry bros I was afk
what were you talking about
whatever it is have a bad feeling about it

*Time skip brought to you by Erwin's cold leftover milk and cookies*

The three friends trudged in the heavy snow. It was getting close to midnight and it was freezing. They were about to go ring the doorbell at the front door, but Levi prevented them, opening the window.

"Oi! Erwin is sleeping on the couch, so go through the bedroom window using the ladder."

They nodded, going one-by-one up the ladder.

"Okay we're ready to go. Let's put our plan into action!" Hange spoke in a whisper after everyone got inside.

The tall man sighed, rubbing his temples. "...Why do I have to go through the chimney again?"

"I already told you!" Hange pushed him close to the window. "It will seem wayy more realistic! Right, Moblit??"

Moblit carried a worried expression on his face, but gave a thumbs up anyways.

Mike finally journeyed out again and climbed up the roof in a slow manner to help him not fall. Once he got to the top, he peered at his watch in the darkness, waiting for mightnight to strike before him....