Piece of Candy

Last night I was unable to sleep at all and was up until three in the morning, constantly shifting positions. I began counting sheeps and cursed all those mofos who claimed that actually works. In the end, I used my free time to do all the tasks that had accumulated in my work log up until the conclusion of the week. I made up for the time I still had by preparing for the upcoming exams. I had already showered and changed into a new set of clothes by the time it was 8 o' clock. I went downstairs for breakfast after leaving my room, where I could hear everything chatting.

"Hey, Mel!" Mina greeted me with her radiant smile. She was putting away her apron. The entire kitchen smelled like cookies and cream. Ugh.

"Sup', bitch." Jirou came and wrapped her arms around me, her face all covered in wipped cream.

I silently handed her a napkin and she shot me a grin.

"Thanks bub." She wiped the cream off her face and tossed the tissue into the bin, doing her little victory dance when it went inside without falling elsewhere.

"Morning, Melena." Deku beamed at me with his usual sparkling attitude. "How are you today?"

It was eight in the fucking morning. How and why was everyone so joyful? I was able to offer a modest smile and say, "I'm good." to him without coming across as cold or harsh.

Even Ochako waved and grinned towards me from the living room, and I replied with a befuddled "hello" to her. Why were people being so polite all of a sudden. Is it somebody's birthday today? My best assumption was that they were attempting to cheer me up because of last nights little incident. I have some considerate classmates, at the least.

As soon as Mina placed the plate of  cookies on the counter, it erupted into a violent brawl, with hair being  grabbed and things being thrown, so I decided to get myself some orange  juice and protein bars from the fridge.

The morning was anything but  peaceful. Everyone was eating as if  they hadn't eaten in months, and  notably Denki and Sero, who were fighting over who gets to eat the last  chocolate chip cookie. Food was being tossed everywhere.

"Do any of you know what principal  Nezu wants to discuss with us?" Uraraka asked, which I overheard.

"Anything might happen," As he  spoke, Deku sipped from his latte.  "Maybe they'll extend our combat and training hours and will add more security around UA."

Todoroki nodded. "My thoughts are the same as Midoriya's. They will want us to be fully prepared when UA goes under attack."

"We already have a curfew to not leave the premises after 8."

"Let's just hope whatever it is doesn't become a problem for us." Iida sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah..."

The conversation was cut short when Katsuki and Kirishima made their way downstairs. Kirishima was all happy and bubbly chatting with Katsuki while he just listened to him talk. It was apparent that he didn't remembered anything at all that took place the night before. Kirishima waved at me like a happy, lit up child who just met his best friend after a long Christmas break. Katsuki on the other hand didn't even spare me a glance and went in the opposite direction where Denki and the others were not even bothering to look what made Kirishima so happy.

"Ejirou." I greeted him wholeheartedly.

I could see he was in perfect condition now. He even had a bandana tied to his forehead. It was the same one I gifted him on his last birthday. I couldn't help but smile in awe at how beautiful he looked with it.