Problems

Being promoted to a new position at the Pizzaplex meant one thing was sure to happen again.

Training.

With the switch over came new responsibilities and rules as well as a boatload of NDAs - and of course, the dreaded training videos.

At least those ended up being somewhat enjoyable (and not as god-awfully long). They were vintage; a relic of times long since past. With handlers simply not being a thing for so long, there had been no reason to make cutsy little videos with Helpy the bear outlining how to perform basic animatronic inspections alongside warning of dismemberment and bodily harm. Instead a man with a tired, if slightly eccentric, voice went over the details of what a handler would do while on the clock with ancient images of the old pizzerias. There was enough emphasis on the harm and lawsuits that would follow for trying to take a peek under the costumes that you couldn't help but give a chuckle. This had to be exaggerated to some extent - then you thought about the missing children and their gruesome fates. That wiped the smile off your face really quick.

But again, the videos were quick. Just under two hours of watching and you were then made to descend into the sublevels to enter Parts and Services where you were to be trained on simple maintenance.

The same mechanic that had helped you with Freddy was waiting for you alongside an energetic, familiar face.

"Hello friend!" Chica exclaimed, waving with both hands and hopping on one foot as you entered the wide open room.

"Hey Chica!" you replied with the same enthusiasm, walking forward and lacing fingers. She shook your hands back and forth excitedly.

"I'm so happy that you got that promotion! You're going to do fabulous!"

"Eheh, thanks." you replied, face heating up at her compliment. She blinked happily and then backed up as the mechanic coughed.

"Alright you two, we should get down to business." they gestured to a work bench made of steel and Chica nodded, walking over to stand beside it.

"I'll be the lab rat! Or is lab chicken more appropriate?" she pondered aloud as she tapped the bench, creating a metallic clang that reverberated around the chamber.

"It's time for my diagnostic check and you'll be performing it!"

You balked at her nonchalance.

"Oh, I don't want to hurt you." you said. She giggled, a bubbly high-pitched sound.

"That why the mech' is here! They know what they're doing and they'll show you the ropes!"

You looked to the mechanic, who nodded. You swallowed hard and Chica winked.

"I trust you."

"Okay. How do I start?" you asked the mechanic.

"We ask the animatronics to show us all their articulation. That's the most non-invasive way to see if there's a problem."

"Okay..." you stared at Chica, who stared back, completely still with an intense stare fixed on you. You cleared your throat.

"Can you, uh, articulate all your joints?" the words felt weird in your mouth, but Chica responded instantly in such a way that startled you some.

"Of course!" she leaned on the workbench and lifted one leg, turning it side to side and bending her knee ninety degrees before rotating her ankle in a full circle, then doing so with her other leg. Standing up straight she turned at the waist and then rolled her neck and shoulders, bending he elbows and rolling her wrists before finally flexing her fingers.