Sunset

The remainder of the week was relatively quiet.

Everyone functioned normally, and besides a few hiccups operations in the Pizzaplex ran smoothly. These hiccups were, of course, Monty-related. After the freak out in his room, the technicians had taken him down to Parts and Services and scrounged around in his software, trying to find the root of the aggression that had reached its peak. His personality had been designed with a cocky, tough guy persona in mind, but there was supposed to be code in place to keep it from going too far. Something called a 'Safe Mode' that included invisible boundaries to prevent wandering and place a limit on strength, as well as self checks to the AI that would provide alerts if aggression was to reach an internal limit. This was the opposite programming to the 'Security Mode' that you had activated with Chica during your training; code that relinquished boundaries and allowed full performance of strength as needed.

Monty's 'Safe Mode' had, in one way or another, been turned off. Blame was heatedly tossed back and forth before it was decided that during routine maintenance and testing of the software, safe mode had not been turned on once the security mode had been turned off. There were no other problems found by the technicians - the newest update was working as intended.

However, the gator continued to miss a few more parties and even performances, located later walking on the catwalks of his attraction or in his room. And to be clear, you were not the one to go looking for him; you had learned to leave him well enough alone. The times he bothered to show up at the party room he made no conversation, instead simply allowing you to manage the kids and otherwise act aloof. You let him be, keeping things light and then leaving without a word.

If the true cause of these behavioral problems hadn't already been found, you would speculate that some sort of inner turmoil was making him act out. What that inner turmoil was, you weren't sure, but nonetheless you were not sticking your nose in it again. Concerned as you were, you had learned through your mechanic friend that Monty's strength, unimpeded, was around 600 pounds.

And you had been in a room with him. Alone.

So, yeah, you kept things cool and polite and maybe a little distant - feeling bad for doing so but conscious of the possible threat. You didn't think Monty would hurt you, not really, not totally. He showed restraint when you had confronted him. But you couldn't forget flinching at the object thrown against his door, and thus things were currently professional between the two of you.

But it was fine. Things would get better; and in fact, you were quickly brought up to speed about a specific event you were to participate in.

As a server you had been aware that certain hours in each of the main performers schedules were spent in their designated attractions - Freddy in Fazerblast (and occasionally the Fazcade), Roxanne in the Raceway (RIP), Chica in Chica's Bakery (or Mazercise), and Monty in Gator Golf. You were also vaguely aware that they occasionally visited other attractions.

As it turned out, the Superstar Daycare was not typically one of those places. It was quite out of the way as compared to the other storefronts and attractions that were grouped together in the main area. This meant that the kids who were dropped off there had a negligible amount of exposure to the main attractions; and the company couldn't stand by that.

So there was a whole hour's work set aside one day specifically for you to accompany a Glamrock animatronic to and from the daycare. A special occasion, orchestrated by the Boss at request of the hire ups that happened every once and a while. Though the Glamrocks wouldnj't usually be allowed to enter, there were times when it was allowed. Now was the time, and since you were the animatronic Handler you were basically mandated to go.

You had to admit that it was actually a well crafted marketing tactic. Expose kids to the brand to keep families coming as their older ones aged out of the target demographic. Of all of the companies ideas, this was certainly the most well thought out one.