5

"He belongs to me. That boy is mine."

Warning: none

Chapter five: Guilty

Imani's POV:

My mom walked out the room to give us space while Luis took the chair next to me.

Luis looked like he'd been crying for awhile and when he sat down next to me his eyes started watering agin.

I quickly wiped his tears away.

"Hey hey, don't start crying." I said, trying to calm him down a bit while I ran my hands through his hair.

"Are you ok?" He asked still wiping his tears. He was a cute cryer though.

"Well apparently I have a vestibular concussion, whatever that means, and I fractured my knee. Nothing I haven't done before." I said. I've fractured my knee at least 4 times in total.

"I feel guilty." Luis says.

"What! Why?"

"Right as you were skating to the goal I heard somebody from the other team yell their plan to hurt you and I didn't have time to tell you what was about to happen." I could tell he was really blaming this on his self.

"Luis, don't blame it on yourself you didn't plan this and I was already skating to the goal, there's no way you could've told me in time." I say.

He smiled and I smiled back.

"I just hope I didn't end my entire hockey career."

Luis looked up so quick. "You didn't. Don't worry about it."

"You'll just have to take a break from hockey for a bit." He said, trying to make me feel better.

We talked about hockey for awhile and about the last game until my mom came back in the room. That's when Luis had to go back to the dorms.

-

"When will I be able to play hockey again?" I ask my mom.

"That's the thing Imani, um I don't know."

"Well, didn't the doctor tell you?"

"Yeah, but it's not great news." She says.

"Ok, but you still have to tell me." I laugh threw the pain.

"The doctor said you won't be able to play for, well a long time." She says, When I heard that I couldn't help but tear up a little.

-

That night I surprisingly got to go home. And not the dorm rooms at Eden Hall but my actual home. I'm doing school from my computer at home. I'm not too happy about that though.

Luis has been coming to my house to check up on me and to hang out. So today when schools out I expect him coming to the house.

3:30 on the dot is when he rang the door bell. I'm assuming my sister answered it because I was upstairs.

"Hey Ms. Diane." Luis says as he walks through my door.

"Hey Mr. Mendoza."

I then had to ask him something."Can you do a favor for me?"

When I said that he gave me his full attention as he took a seat on my bed."Of course."

I give him the puppy dog eyes."Can you do my English homework for me."

"Why?" He smiled while he hesitated to take the homework.

"I don't know but I blame it on my concussion." I smile.

He playfully shakes his head and takes the homework.

"I also have something else to tell you, but it isn't great news." I said. I still haven't told him that my hockey career is practically over.

"Um ok. Are you ok?" He asked.

"Well I'm probably never going to play hockey again." I simply say hoping I don't need to explain.

"What Why? I assumed you'd be able to play in at least a few month."

"It's because of my knee. Since I've fractured and torn the ligaments in my knee 4 times now, If I hurt it again I could possibly not be able to walk again."I said. I was still trying to except that I'm throwing my whole life away.

Luis looked to stunned to speak.

"I'm so sorry Imani, that all of this is happening to you and I wish I could go back in time to not let you play in that game, or else none of this would've happened."

"It ok Luis. I'll be ok." I lied.

-

Sorry this chapter was kinda depressing but the next chapter will be more positive. Also try not to fracture your knee because it literally hurts so bad omg-
-Aubrey 💗