15

"I like shiny things but I'd marry you with paper rings."

Warning: none

Chapter fifteen: Money
(Once again, not a lot of Imani and Luis."

Imani's POV:

I had a good feeling that my little plan would work.

What I was going to do was ask my dad for money. You might be thinking, 'Well Imani that's a horrible idea'.

In my eyes it's not because all my dad values is money. He also doesn't know how to say no to me. I know that sounds selfish and petty but it'll be ok. I'm asking for about 200 dollars. I know it sounds like a lot but I'm going to Miami so...

I did tell Janiya I would be there so I didn't just come out of no where. Especially since I haven't been home in a minute.

-

When I got home everyone was in the basement playing uno together and watching movies. I watched for a minute as I took in all their happiness together. They seemed like a real family. The family we used to be. They looked happier when I wasn't home.

But I had to snap out of my thoughts and text Janiya that I was here. She made an excuse to go upstairs to her room so that she could come with me.

When we got to her room I told her about what I wanted to do and why I was doing.

"So, am I helping with any of this?" Janiya asked.

"No, but I just wanted you to know I was doing this." She nodded and got up to get her vape. I then thought for a second, maybe I do need her help.

I mean I need her to get dad in the same room with me. Wether it's in the same room as the family or not.

"Wait Niya, Maybe I do need your help." When I said that she was immediately ready to listen. I told her what I needed and she was already ready.

-

Janiya decided the easiest way was to just bring me down in the basement with the family. I don't know why I'm making this a big deal. All I have to do is ask my dad for some money.

I walked over to the chair next to the couch and acted like I had been sitting there the whole time. Which was really awkward.

My dad was sitting on the couch next to where I was sitting so I decided I would ask him if we could have a minute.

I brought him to the coffee table in the back of the room while everyone kept watching "Fresh Prince Of Bel Air."

"So dad I know I haven't talked to you in awhile, and this is a really weird way to start this off but can you lend me some money?" I asked, trying not to make it weird. But I failed.

"Money?" He questioned. I nodded and kept smiling.

"How much? And for what?" He asked. He started looking at me like I was crazy, even though this was a very crazy situation. I don't blame him.

"I need at least 150, but 200 would be the goal." I told him. I decided to dodge that second question because I was not about to explain this to him.

I then continued. "I can give you time to think about this, I know it's really weird so..." I said. My dad looked at me for a second deciding if this was a good idea but then he came forward.

"When do you need the money?" He asked. I was quite supersized he spoke up so quickly.

"Um, I kinda need it today." I said, knowing it was very late notice.

"I can send you 300 if you need." He offered. I slightly smiled at the fact he was actually willing to do that.

"Um, yeah sure that's great. Thank you a lot. That means a lot." I smiled. I gave him a tight hug after. I don't remember the last time I hugged him, or even spoke to him.

It felt nice being on good terms with him. I mean i didn't talk to him about how I feel or anything but it was good enough for me.

After this I basically ran back up stairs and got in Luis's car and drove back to campus. I told Luis all that happened.

Let's just say he's excited...

-

AHHAHAHAH THEIR GOING TO MIAMI!!!!!
Sorry the updates are slow school is reallyyyy getting to me. This is very unedited cs I have no motivation.
-Aubrey 💗