Andy Herrera - Who I Am

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Andy grew up on the streets of Gotham and like most kids from that area she was one tough cookie. She left for Seattle at 21 to live with her mothers cousin as he had offered her a job as a firefighter in his firehouse. Andy had no ordinary childhood, she attended Gotham Academy like the other kids but her route home was often very different. She would either have to walk/ride to the edge of No Man's Land to the unit she shared with her parents or she would have to take the bus to Arkham to see her parents then go back to her grandparents place in the quiet suburban side of town. Hard to believe this very sweet couple in the late 60's early 70's were the parents of a psycho.

In Seattle she adopted her middle name and her second cousin's last name to give people the idea that they are closely related. She therefore became known as Andrea Herrera. She missed Gotham but she enjoyed Seattle also. Everyone assumed she was in her early 30's something around 32, they knew she worked at 19 for four years before Sullivan became Captain. Did she look that old? Probably from having PSYCHO parents!

10 years ago

Erin slammed her locker door shut after gathering up the textbooks she would need for homework. She also left anything that could be flagged at Arkham. Erin visited so frequently she had her own ID and everyone knew/recognised her. It wasn't hard. Her green strand of hair fell in front of her eyes and she frustratedly pulled it back behind her ear.

Erin was used to being asked questions when she asked for a ticket to Arkham, she was also used to the stairs and flirting she had to endure. Take today for instance, she was holding onto the steel rod as the bus cruised down the road reading her beaten copy of Of Mice and Men when a creep also holding the pole slid his hand down to stroke hers. Being her mothers daughter she gave him a glare, what was really so attractive about jeans, baggy tshirt and jumper? If the glare didn't work (very rare it didn't) she resulted like in this case to breaking the dudes hand. And while he was writhing in pain she flashed him her red, blue and green hair.

Present day

Andy did not like this new Captain from the get go. Something in her gut told her he was bad news, one of the first things he did was question why all they had on file for Andy was her name, month of birth and current address. He noticed within 24 hours of working with her that she was no more than cousins to Pruitt Herrera and by the age gap he guessed second cousins. Maybe Pruitt would give him the answers he needed. "No," Pruitt snapped drinking his coffee, "Why might I ask," "That's all you people want to know why? Now I know why Andy changed her name," "She did what?" "Changed her name, dyed her hair," "Am I permitted to know what her name was previously for background checks," "Yeah she gets that a lot, that is what she gets from her dad. Oh and Sullivan, I built that team from the ground up so don't you dare go tearing them down."

The harshness of this new Captain caused Andy to revert back to her old personality, a good mix of both her parents. Rebelling against the system that failed them all. "Herrera my office now!" Sullivan barked, "Great you've awoken the beast Herrera!" Maya teased, "What the hell do you want?" Andy snapped shutting the office door.

10 years ago

Erin waited outside of the gates for a car to pull up, out climbed an elderly woman in a blue cotton dress who then unstrapped a toddler 2 years of age with identical hair to Erin. "Hello, hello Alice," she was down on her knees kissing the child's cheek, Alice was her little sister, "Let's go see mum and dad!" She cheered scooping the child up, Joe let the two sisters into the gates and up to the dark building.

After going through security they were brought into a nice room with a sofa, tv, board games, toilet, sink and a dining room table. They knew this room like the back of there hands as after all it wasn't there first time in here. Alice went racing to the stack of board games to pull out her favourite Game Of Life while Erin went to the bathroom. Erin combed her fingers through her hair, it was blonde with natural dip died red and blue ends then electric green strands from the roots that frames her face, she stuffed it into a ponytail. The large grey metal doors swung open revealing...