Chapter 4

Warning for a brief mention of blood - I'll put a * before and after the paragraph so you know to avoid it if it may affect you

Trent's POV

I knocked on the door once (Y/N) and I reached the medical room.

"Trent, what can I do for you? Please say it's nothing too serious." The medical officer, Kelly, said. I held up my knuckles in response.

"Did you punch a wall or something?" Kelly joked.

"Yes." I answered her seriously.

"Oh-" Kelly was shocked. "Why?"

"Being stuck here without seeing my family kinda upset me." I explained.

"Oh sweetheart...take a seat." Kelly instructed. I sat down with (Y/N) taking the seat next to me, and Kelly ran her fingers over my knuckles. I winced slightly.

"Does that hurt?" Kelly asked me.

"A little." I admitted.

"Right. First of all I'm gonna give them a good clean. This might sting though." Kelly warned.

* She took some cotton wool and poured some anti-bacterial cleansing stuff on it before wiping the spots of dried blood from my knuckles. I couldn't help but wince in pain again. (Y/N) shocked me by taking my other hand in hers...but I have to admit, it relaxed me. *

"I don't think they're broken or anything Trent, but they will be sore where they've split. I'll put a bandage around it to stop them picking up any bacteria." Kelly told me. I nodded, and she began to wrap up my hand.

"There, all done." She told me.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome darling." Kelly replied. "Try and get a good rest tonight and enjoy tomorrow...I know it won't be easy, but you guys can still have fun."

"Yeah, you're right. See you later Kelly – and Merry Christmas." I said, turning to leave with (Y/N) hot on my heels.

"Merry Christmas love." Kelly called after me.

"That feel better?" (Y/N) asked me.

"Yeah." I nodded. The two of us returned to the gym, where everyone was having a debate over what movie to watch.

"Oi, oi, where've you two been?" Robbo teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"The medical room." I answered, giving Robbo a hard stare.

"Shit." He cursed, his face falling.

"Don't worry, it's nothing serious." I quickly reassured him.

"What happened then?" He frowned.

"Punched a wall." I held up my knuckles.

"I- why?" Robbo questioned.

"I was upset when I found out we'd be stuck here and I wouldn't get to see my family." I told him, already anticipating how Robbo would make fun of me.

"Mate, here's an idea for next time. Talking to somebody else about how you feel is a much better idea than causing yourself harm." That is not what I was expecting him to say. "You dingbat." That's more like it.

"Yeah, what he said." Hendo chipped in. I had no idea he was listening in on our conversation. "All of what he said. You're a dingbat for punching a wall; especially when you know we're here for you mate, you don't have to go off on your own to be upset."

"It really feels like someone's gonna say 'you'll never walk alone' in a minute." (Y/N) said. Myself, Robbo and Hendo chuckled.

"I mean, it's the club motto for a reason. I don't think any of us are cheesy enough to say it, but it's an unspoken agreement amongst all of us." Hendo explained.