A New Victim

"Am I in love with her?"

Izana would ask this question daily. His mind occupied 24/7 with thoughts about you.

"I can't be, right?"

Maybe he was right, maybe it wasn't love but just obsession, but what if some of it was actually love?

You didn't fully understand how much he'd do for you, how he'd do anything for you. How he'd kill anyone for you, he'd kill anyone that even got in his way of you.

It's not like he hasn't killed anyone for you before..

He couldn't understand himself at this point, he knew everything he was doing was wrong, yet he couldn't stop. And here he was now, watching you laughing and talking in a diner with... another guy??

He noted every move you made, there was no touching, he could tell your smile was genuine, your hand movements seemed very natural though, your hair was a little messy, as if you didn't put much effort into it, and you wore very casual clothing so he suspected this wasn't a date, but a meeting with a friend of some sort.

He then looked at the guy, clean shaven, dressed a bit better than you, his hair looked neat and well put together, his movements were a bit hesitant though, as if he was afraid to mess something up.

Izana shook his head, from what he gathered overall, it looked like a normal get-together between you and a friend, though it appeared to him that this little 'friend' of yours actually liked you, he knew you were probably oblivious to this though.

He almost, almost felt sorry for you.

You had met with an old friend, one you hadn't seen since high school. You saw him the other day, the two of you catching up a bit in your apartment, only for you to find out the two of you lived in the same apartment complex.

You had so much to tell him, the two of you used to be so close, until college split you guys apart.

You could always act so naturally around him as he could with you, except this time he seemed a little... off.

As you both finished up eating, he walked you to your car.

"Tonight was really fun, i've missed hanging out with you Souta, we should do this again!" You smiled, he returned it, taking a deep breath.

"Y/n, there's something i've wanted to get off of my chest since high school..." he tells you, your brow raising as a signal for him to go on.

"I used to have the biggest crush on you, and after seeing you for the first time in forever again the other day, I think those feelings may be coming back..." He confessed, your eyes slightly widening.

"You don't have to reciprocate my feelings or anything, I just wanted to let you know." He gives you a reassuring smile, which you return.

"I'll text you later Souta, get home safe, okay?" You tell him, not sure of what to say exactly. He nods, watching you shut your car door and pull off to drive away.

"You're so dumb Souta, you probably scared her away." He mumbled to himself on the way to his car, fumbling with the keys in his hand. He was parked in a more secluded area of the parking lot, as it had been filled when he had arrived. Though it was now empty, this must be a dead time for the diner.

He got in his car, leaning his head against the headrest and letting out a deep exhale. After a few moments, he smiled to himself. "God she's so cute." He said to himself, going to start his car until he felt something sharp prick his skin.

His eyes glanced down at the knife pressed against his throat, his eyes then traveling to the rear view mirror, only to be met with a pair of purple eyes.

"Sorry, but Y/n belongs to me, and only me." Izana spoke, but before he could do anything Souta spoke. He spoke words that would only fuel Izana more.

"But I love her."

Those were his last words. His last sentence was him confessing his love for you. He didn't spend his last moments screaming for help or pleading Izana to let him go, no, he spent them talking about you.

And that's what Izana hated the most. He couldn't blame you though, it wasn't your fault that people fell for you so easily without you even trying.

Though he did hope this wouldn't be a common occurrence, cleaning up a murder was a huge hassle. But for you, it was worth it.

You drove home that night with a bit of dread in the pit of your stomach. You wished you could have reacted better to his confession, but you were caught by surprise.

"It's okay Y/n, you'll see him again, maybe then you could just explain to him..." You spoke out loud. You suddenly glanced at your phone sitting on the passenger seat, wanting to pick it up and call him. But you just saw him, you didn't want to seem clingy or anything.

But you did kind of feel bad. Fuck it, you wouldn't seem clingy, why were you overthinking this?

You picked up the phone, scrolling to his contact while also making sure to keep an eye on the road. You clicked on his name, listening as the phone rung. You tapped impatiently on your steering wheel, soon hearing his voicemail.

You frowned, hanging up the phone and tossing it back onto the seat. You hoped he wasn't upset... maybe he needed a bit of time to cool down, you'd try again tomorrow.

Izana didn't enjoy your little phone call though, he even blocked your number from Souta's phone before smashing it.

"I'm sorry Y/n, but this had to be done."

Izana spoke, he then continued to get rid of any evidence that could lead back to him.

From this point on, Souta Kinoshita would no longer be apart of your life.