Her Worries

You awoke the next morning with a nauseous feeling.

Something felt strangely off, but you weren't sure what. You only shook it off, starting your daily morning routine. You stepped into the shower, the hot water running down your body as the steam in the bathroom began to build.

You still felt weird, something was totally off and no matter how hard you tried to ignore it, you just couldn't. Maybe it was Souta. That must be it, you were just worried about him. Maybe he took your response the wrong way? Was he mad at you? You felt you had to fix this and fast... or else this feeling would never leave.

Izana replayed the events from last night over and over in his head, happy he was able to get rid of Souta.... which was something he had to do, you didn't even like him anyways, right?

Here he was, fantasizing about you again. Your pretty long eyelashes, the way your eyes looked in the sunlight, or even your lips which he dreamed of kissing.... or using them for other things.

Now he thought about running his fingers down your body... his thoughts running wild as he thought about the things he'd do to you... only if you'd let him, which he knew you wouldn't. At least not yet.

He was frustrated. Why weren't you as infatuated with him as he was with you? He wanted to touch you, to feel you, it was driving him insane.

Izana sighed, knowing this lifestyle wasn't healthy. Even his closest friend, Kakucho, eventually caught on to his odd behavior. Kakucho had tried before to tell Izana how none of what he was doing was okay, but his words only made Izana angry.

That was the first and last time Kakucho ever openly doubted Izana's actions.

It was now 1 p.m. on the dot. You had been standing outside of Souta's apartment for about 5 minutes now, contemplating wether you should knock on the door or not.  You inhaled the fresh spring air, something that you always found relaxing. You then exhaled, squeezing your eyes shut and bringing your fist up to finally knock on the piece of steel that you had been afraid of for about 7 minutes now.

Your knuckles were about the hit the surface of the ivory colored door, when suddenly you felt a swift breeze, your eyes that were still shut now opening.

The door was now wide open, but to your surprise it wasn't your familiar friend Souta, no, it was a woman.

You blinked a couple of times, the unfamiliar woman doing the same, as you both looked at each other with the same confused look, a look that didn't even need words to know that it meant "Who are you?"

You started to take note of the woman's features. She had clear porcelain skin, well groomed eyebrows, neat copper colored hair that sit right at the tops of her shoulders, and honey colored eyes.

She was very beautiful, and she was dressed nicely in work attire.

You both stared at each other for a few more seconds until you blinked once more, reminding yourself where you were and what you were there for, but before you could answer, the woman in the doorway spoke first.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

Her voice was sweet yet firm, and maybe even had a hint of annoyance to it. Her right eyebrow slightly raised as she awaited for an answer.

"I'm Y/n, a friend of Souta's.... I was stopping by to see if he was home." You finally spoke. You readjusted your stance, becoming slightly uncomfortable due to the way the woman was eyeing you up and down now.

You cleared your throat, about to ask who she was, the same as she had done to you, until you heard a gasp leave the woman's mouth.

Her honey colored eyes were slightly ajar, as if she had realized something.

"Y/n?? Oh my gosh, it's me, Keiko.... do you remember me?" She asks, your eyebrows furrowing a bit as you desperately tried to remember who she was.

Keiko? Did you know a Keiko? It didn't ring a bell...

You thought a little longer, it was getting quite embarrassing though the more you stood there trying to remember who this woman was, but suddenly realization hit you like a speeding truck.

It was Souta's younger sister, Keiko Kinoshita.

You hadn't recognized her because you hadn't seen her since she was much younger and smaller. You couldn't believe how much she had grown, especially how beautiful she turned out to be.

"You're Souta's younger sister... you look amazing Keiko how have you been?" You smiled, Keiko's grin growing even wider.

"I've been pretty good, mainly just working- which I actually have to get to soon, but you wanted to know if Souta was home?" She asks you, glancing at the watch on her wrist as you watched her cheerful expression turn into a worrisome one.

You nod, trying to make this as quick as possible so she wouldn't be late, you were still caught off guard though, as Souta never mentioned he lived with his sister.

She then frowned, "Souta never came home last night... which is strange because he always texts me if he's not coming home, but I just assumed his phone was dead, he always forgets to charge it." She shakes her head in annoyance.

"I'm sure he'll be home later, you can swing by again to check if you'd like." Keiko smiles as she now steps out of the doorway and locks the door behind her. She didn't seem worried one bit about her brother.

"I have to go now, but maybe i'll see you around sometime, yeah?" She smiles and you only nod, returning the smile back, even though deep down you felt a pit of worry.

She waved you goodbye, hurrying down the steps and soon out of your sight.

You only stood there, not being able to move as the nauseous feeling from this morning washed over you again, a feeling you were starting to really dread.

Now all you could do was wait and hope for Souta to return back home safely, something you would soon learn would never happen.