Chapter 2 - The Innocents

This May have some strong and violent themes. It's also majorly homophobic. You've been warned.

***

For the better part of the next term, Leonard kept a careful watch over Bailey Sims. He usually traveled around with at least three of his buddies, or as Leonard recorded in his notes, with his "pack". Typical of most bullies, Bailey would stick to harassing those who were smaller than he was, and would rarely stray from bullying more than one kid at a time, unless his pack was with him. Leonard also took note that Bailey had a few "favorite" victims, whom he would even go out of his way to humiliate.

Bailey was engaged in one such pursuit when Leonard came across him one morning between classes. Bailey had cornered two freshmen. Small and slender, the two boys were apparently the best of friends, as one was never seen without the other. Bailey and his pack had decided the two were gay lovers, and as such needed to be kept in their place-that being a place of fear and humiliation.

Bailey had the two boys backed into a wall behind the quad, with three of his pack hovering just over his shoulders. Bailey flashed a malevolent grin, as he stared the two horrified boys down. "You little fags just don't get it, do you? We don't like your kind walking all over campus, showing off your faggotty love for each other."

One of the boys tried to deny the accusation. "D-dude, we're not gay! W-we grew up together, man! We're just buds, like you and you're-"

Bailey slapped a powerful hand over the boy's mouth to silence him, smacking his head against the wall in the process. He let out a muffled cry beneath Bailey's grip. "Mff!"

His friend reached instinctively to free his friend. "Phil!", then to Bailey, "Man, let him go!"

Bailey held up an admonishing finger to the boy's friend and fired a threatening glance his way, which was sufficient to silence him. The friend took a step back, young Phil's frightened eyes looking at him with a silent plea not to try anything brave.

"Now", said Bailey with a voice of authority. "As far as I can see, you two little faggots are just that-faggots. You go walking all around campus together, you're in the same classes, it's pretty damn fuckin' obvious you're just a couple'a homo lovers. But you see, you INSULT intelligent people like me and my buds by thinking we won't notice." Behind him, Bailey's pack murmured agreement.

The friend whispered back, "Man, what do you want from us, anyway?"

"What do I want? I want a confession. All you gotta do is admit you're a couple'a fags, boys. It'll be a cleansing exercise, I'm sure. Just tell us fine upstanding people what pervert you really are."

"But we're not!"

Bailey's hand clenched young Phil's face. "MMHFF!" Phil moaned beneath the pressure squeezing his jaw, his hand clutching Bailey's wrists in a pathetic attempt to pry the powerful student off of him.

"Phil! God, don't!"

"Just say it, gayboy."

"But we're not, I swear to God-!!" Bailey applied crushing force to his victim's face, and he began to slide down the wall, his legs failing him under the rush of pain. His moans had receded to pitiful sobs beneath Bailey's grip, and he flashed a look to his best friend that conveyed one certain message: "Surrender."

The boy, eager to do anything to free his friend, complied. "Okay, I admit it, we're fags! Now let him go!"

"So, you're like, cocksucking lovers, then?", Bailey asked, not releasing Phil.

"I just said-"

"Repeat it, fag. What I just said." His grip tightened under the squirming freshman. The pack began to giggle at the spectacle.