An Are You Sure? Kiss

Hi guys! Here's a sneak peal of whats to come in my Hades x Persephone AU!

Before we begin - I've decided to call them Kais and not Gods, as to keep it close to canon to DBZ as I can. I hope you like it!

An Are You Sure? Kiss

Pan enjoyed moments like these the most. She and Trunks were in his study, enjoying each other's company on this quiet day in the Underworld. Pan glanced up and looked out the window with a fond smile. From the perch of Trunks' palace, she could see all of the sparkling neon blue lights from the Underworld City down below.

Pan, the Kai of spring and growth, had found it odd, but not entirely strange, that she felt so at home in the Underworld where the dead rested. Not all of the underworld was a misty metropolitan. Just behind Trunks' castle were miles and miles of never-ending barren land. Pan was working on making the land fertile, as to brighten up the place a little, and she was slowly gaining process. At first, everything she had attempted to grow had wilted within days, now they were withholding a little longer, and one flower had even bloomed! It had been such an achievement that made Pan had made cherry blossoms bloom in the mortal world in the dead of winter.

"What are you thinking about?"

Pan turned towards Trunks, who was lounging beside her on the loveseat. His lavender hair was enduringly messy, and his blue eyes were curious behind the reading glasses he wore. He had been reading business reports while she read a book from the mortal world.

"I was thinking of what I would try to grow next," she told him. "I'm thinking a tree."

Trunks' looked at her, a mixture of worry and hope. "Don't overwork yourself, Petal."

"What have you told me before?" Pan asked as she scooted closer to him. "Didn't you say the land of the Underworld is as stubborn as I am? If anyone can get the land to listen, it's me."

Trunks let out a sigh and rolled his eyes, "a statement that is still true to this day."

Trunks reached out towards her, and Pan held her breath in excitement as her stomach fluttered. She felt like she was melting as his fingers brushed against her warm cheeks. She could still remember the time when he had been afraid of touching her, terrified that he would harm her. It had taken a lot to convince him that she trusted him, and she knew, without any doubt, that he would never hurt her.

A chime went off across the palace, signaling the time, and Pan sighed. She lived in the Otherworld, where most of the other Kais lived. It was in the same time zone as the Underworld, and it was late.

"You should probably get back home," Trunks' voice was soft. "If your parents come to check on you, they won't be happy to see you gone."

Pan let out a heavy sigh. She was over 200 years old, yet she couldn't just roam free. If her parents - especially her Mama - knew where she snuck off to when she was supposed to be training for her Kai duties, then she would be in so much trouble. And her Mama was not a Kai to make angry.

Trunks took off his glasses before he stood up. He placed the reports he had been reading on the table beside his glasses. Pan handled him her book, and he put it beside his reports before he helped her up. She couldn't help but squeeze his hand. Trunks' blue eyes were looking at her, and her heart ached that they already looked lonely. She hated leaving him every night, but they both knew not to risk the anger of her parents, two of the most powerful Kais of the Otherworld.

"There's the third quarter of the year council meeting tomorrow," Pan said, "you will be there tomorrow, won't you?"

"I have to be there," Trunks muttered. "I'm the Kai of the Dead and King of the Underworld."