Part I - Yeh Raha Dil

Dedicated to: Starry0502

Megu Restaurant - New Delhi

"Did you like the food?" Shanaya, a well known fashion model of SEA agency, gazed at the insanely good looking man sat opposite to her chair as she asked with an endearing smile.

"Yeah.. I loved it! Now I understand why this is your favorite restaurant. Good choice Miss Shanaya," he said reciprocating the smile.

"Well, yes ASR.. I do have good choices, you know!" Shanaya said with a subtle mischievous smile.

"No, I don't know anything about you.. It's our first meeting, remember?" he joked.

Shanaya's face fell momentarily as she wondered if Arnav was really not getting her hints or he was raising the Not Interested flag in an indirect way to not make her feel embarrassed. Leaving her thoughts aside, she giggled, "Yeah right!"

"Well.. let's start-"

"ASR please," Shanaya interrupted him, knowing very well where he was leading the conversation, "Do you really have energy to talk about work after this dinner date?"

Arnav shrugged with a small smile playing on his lips, "That's why we came here, right?"

"Yeah but.. you know my close friend is throwing a party in her apartment, don't you want to join me?" she asked, trying to divert his attention from business related conversations.

"I would love to but I can't join you Shanaya," he denied politely.

"I don't want to be alone. Please come with me," she pleaded making a cute puppy face to convince him. 

Arnav sighed as he knew he had to lie to her in order to make her stop pressurizing him to join her in the party, "I seriously can't Shanaya.. I've got some other plans with my friend.. and  come on! You won't feel alone there.. It's your friend's party ya.. Now let's quickly finish our meeting so you can go party all night!"

Shanaya shook her head in disbelief unable to hide her disappointment, "Why are you being so boring? I've heard so many interesting things about you. But you're behaving so opposite to what people told me about you."

Arnav raised his eyes to meet hers, after few seconds of an awkward silence that had grown between them, "Did you just call me boring?" he asked in disbelief.

Shanaya gulped. She realized that she crossed her limits now. She should have kept mind that  right now she interacting with the co-owner of the multinational fashion company, AR and not the fun, loving and easy going man she heard about.

"Being called boring by such a beautiful woman is next level humiliation you're facing for the first time in your life Arnav!" he thought, taking a sip of his mixed fruit juice.

"I'm.. I'm so sorry.. I'm really very sorry if you felt bad..I didn't mean it that way," upon realizing her mistake, Shanaya quickly apologized for her words, biting her lower lips afraid of his reaction. Everyone she knows that met with ASR had so many good things to say about him, but perhaps she's not lucky like those people, as so far she is having the most uninteresting and boring conversation with him.

"No, it's okay.. actually I'm sorry.. I'm not in a good mood today," he said.

"Oh I see," Shanaya sighed in relief, "You don't need to apologize. I completely understand it. After a long tiring day of work, it's normal to feel low," she smiled a little.

Arnav faked a smile, nodding his head slightly.

**********************************************