Part III - Yeh Raha Dil

Nani's room..

"Khushi bitiya I hope you know which path you are choosing to take in your life now. And if this is the decision. So I would advise you to reconsider your decision," Nani said with serious tone.

Khushi looked at her confused, "I don't get it Nani. What are you trying to say?"

"Khushi bitiya for a moment forget I'm Chote's Nani. I'm talking to you as a woman who had done the same mistake you're doing now," Nani took Khushi's moment of silence as her fear to reveal the truth about her relationship with Arnav.

"What mistake Nani?" Khushi asked with a slight frown adorning her forehead.

"The mistake of falling in love with a man who doesn't want to belong to anyone.. the man who is never satisfied with one love. Even I had fallen for his charming smile.. his caring nature.. his flirting lines.. his husky voice.. but he left me just when I asked for commitment. After that, my parents found out the crime I had committed of falling in love behind their backs and I was forced to marry Chote's grandfather. I thought I was ruined then.. but Chote's grandfather was a great man. He treated me like a princess and gave me so many beautiful moments that I would cherish for my entire life. Khushi bitiya our elders decision are always the best for us. And being elder to you, I thought of guiding you to the correct path, stay away from my grandson otherwise you'll go through what I went through. I'm saying this for your well-being bitiya.. I also love my grandson but I know how he is."

"Nani I understand your situation, your feelings, your point of view and even your advice to me, but.. sometimes even our elders can be wrong and take wrong decisions.. after all, we all are humans. Sometimes I find Anvi more mature and sensible than me and sometimes I find her immature as a kid of her age should be," Khushi said, "And for you Arnav is like the man you had fallen in love in your past but for me, Arnav is like his grandfather."

Because he made me feel like Alice in Wonderland that day. And I'll cherish those beautiful memories for the rest of my life. Khushi thought to herself with a small invisible smile playing on her lips.

"Chote can never be like his grandfather," Nani shook her head and let out a silent mocking chuckle, "His grandfather was a gentleman. I was the first woman in his life. His first and last love. And Chote keeps changing women like clothes in his life. Do you think he can be like his grandfather?"

"Yes he is like his grandfather for me," Khushi stick to her opinion, "And Nani how do you know Arnav is a Casanova?"

"Khushi bitiya why are you trying to defend him? We all know what he is like.. You were just there with me when Shyam told us how he dated a model when his sister was working.. and besides, he didn't even come home that night.. What do you understand about that?" Nani asked irritated with Khushi acting blind to Arnav's reality.

"Nani you don't know if that's true or not.. you just heard it from Shyam," Khushi argued.

"Khushi bitiya even you can't say with certainty that you know what he does with the other women he spends time with," Nani said as a matter of fact.

Khushi looked down defeatedly. No matter how much she tried to show Arnav's reality to her, Nani would think she's defending him because she's blindly in love with him.

Nani gazed at her, "Don't be stubborn Khushi. Open your eyes before it's too late. I really care for you.. this is why I called you here to talk about this."

"Nani Arnav is not my boyfriend.. I understand you care about me.. but trust me, there's nothing between us," Khushi slightly irritated with Nani's constant warning as if she did a crime by interacting with Arnav.