Part V - Yeh Raha Dil

Aman's apartment. 3pm.

"What happened? Speak up!" Aman ordered watching his friend eating his food silently in the dining room.

Arnav shook his head slightly without having eye contact with Aman, he took the glass of water beside him and gulped it in one go.

"Is it related to Khushi?" Aman raised his brows questioningly.

Arnav sighed softly, then looked up at Aman frowning a bit, "It's nothing yaar.. Concentrate on your food otherwise it will turn cold."

"At last, Jalebi turn out to be a poison for you!" Aman said sarcastically, he already guessed it that Arnav's mood was low because of Khushi.

"Jalebi is always going to be poison for a diabetic patient like me!" Arnav said, lost in his thoughts. He wished he had a chance to confess his feelings to her. He wished he wasn't too late this time.

"See.. I knew it! Something definitely happened between you and that girl.. now tell me, what is it? You won't be able to hide it from me for a long time you know!" Aman said it confidently, but his heart hoped that nothing serious happened to his friend and the girl he started to like, didn't break his heart. He feared to see his friend suffer again in his life while smiling to the world and never letting anyone heal his wounds.

"Khushi's Buaji came from Lucknow with a marriage proposal for her. Today Khushi went to a lunch date with him," Arnav said looking down at his plate, playing with the fork.

Aman shut his eyes momentarily before he composed himself, "And.. what's Khushi decision?"

Arnav shrugged sadly, "She'll accept this marriage proposal. Her Buaji was praising her suitor non stop when she left.. I'm sure Khushi will like him more than me."

"You wanted to be in his place?" Aman asked softly, indirectly asking if he was really serious about Khushi.

Arnav nodded his head with a sad smile on his lips, "I wanted.. and I confess I'm a bit jealous of that man who'll get married to Khushi.."

"It's okay yaar.. You'll find a better girl than Khushi.. I promise!" Aman said, feeling bad for him.

"I'm in love with Khushi yaar.. right now, even if you find me a better girl than her, then I'll still choose Khushi over her.. because she's the one I want to give my heart to Aman," he said with a smile that didn't reach to his eyes.

Aman looked at him, not finding the right comforting words to say to his friend at the moment as he was also upset because of everything he heard from Arnav.

"You should call Shanaya tonight.. Go and party with her.. it will make you feel better.." Aman said casually aiming to distract Arnav.

"I'm not in the mood to party. It's okay Aman. I'll be fine soon. Don't be worried about me," Arnav faked a smile as he stood up from his chair and took his plate, heading towards the kitchen.

Aman shook his head sadly watching him leave as he muttered to himself, "I told you not to fall in love with that girl yaar.. I never wanted you to experience pain in your life again."

***********************************************

Raizada Mansion

Arnav walked silently into the living room but didn't go unnoticed by his grandmother who was sitting on the sofa.

"Chote!" she called him, glancing at him, trying to escape directly to his room.

Arnav shut his eyes momentarily, then turned to face her, "Yes?"