TWENTY SEVEN

"JONATHAN'S GIVING me dirty looks

"JONATHAN'S GIVING me dirty looks." Astra huffed, her sight trained on her ex-manager, who was certainly less than thrilled to see the previous arrestee in his McDonald's again. She'd fucked up business for like an entire day. So, it was safe to say that the guy thought she was a complete bitch. "Arrest him, please."

Looking into the pleading girls eyes, Morgan laughed, playing along with her act, he asked, "what should I charge him with?"

"Hmm, let's brainstorm." Astra suggested, knotting her eyebrows together thoughtfully, "I swear he tried to kill me once so attempted murder, yeah?"

"Not sure that'll stick, seeing as you're alive and there's no injuries, motives, witnesses-"

"Wow, way to shit on my idea." The blonde scoffed, shoving a fry into her mouth as she glared back at Jonathan.

"No," Morgan quickly denied, reaching for the girls hand. "You're idea was great." Astra raised a brow, "okay, it was shit. We'll think of something better, later."

"Yeah?" She ratified, leaning closer to him.

"Yeah. As long as I don't lose my job I think we'll be alright." He nodded, inching closer to the blonde, only to have her shove him away.

"I can't do this with Jonathan staring at me, I feel like he's plotting my murder as we speak." Astra gestured to the man, whose glare was still directly on Astra and Morgan.

"Just ignore him." Morgan dismissed, but Astra refused, shaking her head like a child who'd just been asked 'was it you who made potions out of my hair shampoo?' By their parents. "Alright, what do you want to do?"

"Eat in the car like those couples in the movies." She suggested, shrugging her shoulders. "But I need a piss first."

"We've been dating for a couple weeks, Astra." Morgan pointed out.

"Too much information?"

"Not at all." He denied.

"Well shit, I'll be back in a minute then." She said, slapping her hands roughly on the table as she stood up, her eyes glaring at Jonathan, a smirk forming on her lips as the man slowly averted his gaze.

Astra walked briskly to the bathroom, determined to piss before her fries got cold. This was the cutest date she'd ever been on, she thought to herself.

Like, okay maybe she'd only been on four dates. But still. It was the thought Derek put into it that counts.

"So you're dating now?" Astra stopped dead in her tracks. She would always recognise that voice anywhere.

Although she'd anticipated it, she still dreaded to turn around. Perhaps if she didn't, it would be as if he wasn't there at all.

"Don't want to say hi to an old friend?"