─︎ nιne || dancιng ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

575 BC - BABYLON

One thing the pair took satisfaction in doing was tricking the team, and since their relationship was barely commencing, they maintained it a secret, which wasn't very difficult for Y/n, deeming she didn't really communicate with the other immortals until recently.

Although Druig had the most trouble with maintaining his mouth shut. Throughout his day, he craved to publicize their relationship in front of the entire team, but he subdued his impromptu impulse.

"Remember, don't tell anyone about us, alright? When the time is right, you can yell it in their faces." Y/n chuckled as they cruised into the party, eyes grasping onto the confining elements. Nimble and enthusiastic, people pranced without a care in the world. Laughter skulked in the atmosphere, almost as if it were transmitting from person to person. For a split moment, Y/n and Druig forgot all about the tarnishing crusades and fatalities that always occurred in civilizations, and the Eternals couldn't stop it.

It was inevitable.

Alas, they knew the exhilaration unraveling wouldn't prevail. Humans had a tendency to ruin it, and they both recognized it. Dismissing the negative recollections, Y/n and Druig separated and started doing their own thing, sneaking glimpses and smiles towards one another as if they could talk without borrowing words.

"Y/n, come on," Kingo said unexpectedly, extending his hand out in Y/n's direction. "Dance with us." Redirecting her gaze, Kingo gestured to the individuals dancing at the center of the area, a smile developing on his face as his hope swelled.

"Um, I don't know, Kingo," she mumbled, smiling nervously. "I don't really enjoy dancing."

"I assure you, it will be fun." Kingo insisted, striving to get Y/n closer to the group. Reluctantly, her grin brightened, and she squeezed his hand, signaling she would accompany him. Protectiveness straying off him, Druig stared at the duo, delaying a frown that sought to make an appearance whenever Kingo touched Y/n. Something in his head told him to remember what his girlfriend had said. Repeatedly, her mellow voice surfaced, instructing him what their plan was.

'Screw it.' he thought, sensing his ambition to snatch her away from the other Eternal become too much to handle. Within seconds, Druig sauntered towards the dancing duo, a smirk on his face.

"May I steal her for a while?" Druig said, slightly stunning Kingo. Nevertheless, Druig planned to steal his place even if the answer was no. Giving Y/n a glance, Kingo enthusiastically agreed, essentially scampering away to give his ship some time to sail.

"You couldn't stay away, huh?" Y/n joked as they shifted to the music, Druig's hands grazing against her skin occasionally.

"Ah, how could I?" Druig inquired teasingly as he spontaneously twirled her around, making her giggle. "I can't stay away from you for long."

"Hm, I wonder why that is?" Y/n said, pretending to be unaware. "I thought you remembered what I said earlier before the party?"

"It sort of slipped my mind, darling," Druig whispered, continuing to dance with his girl. "I thought you didn't like dancing."

"I don't," she replied, surprised he had remembered that little detail about her.

"Will you make an exception for me, though?" Druig teased, relishing the desire they shared.

Y/n smiled and whispered, "From now on, you are the only exception." Using mystifying actions, he glanced around to make sure everyone was watching and hurriedly pecked her lips. It was quick and contained the same amount of intimacy their others did. Accordingly, a smoldering passion marched into her skin, provoking a smile to appear on her face. Forgetting about all the eyes on her, she felt everything recede around her and Druig.

"Did you forget about the secret part, too?" she whispered without annoyance. Glimmers of adoration blazed in Druig's eyes.

Druig smirked as he nodded. "Of course, I did. Me and my memory, huh?"

"Oh, shut up. We all know I have a worse memory than you." Y/n let out, grinning as Sersi and Kingo squealed in excitement, overjoyed their ship had finally assembled. Meanwhile, Thena spoke with Gilgamesh and Makkari, questioning if they all witnessed the same thing. Swirling with contentment, the couple knew that their secret was out, which wasn't part of their shared scheme, but it didn't matter anymore. "I guess everyone knows now, love."

Druig declared, pulling her away from the dance area. "And I couldn't be happier, darling."

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Cheerful and surprised, the team of immortals gossiped about the new couple, teasing them each chance they got.

"You guys are perfect for each other," Ajak said one night when Druig was alone, searching for Y/n in the Domo.

"Aren't we?" Druig joked, strolling beside his leader down the passageways and compartments.

"You know, she has always been reserved. We all knew that, but with you, you let her be more sociable. I've always known that she cherishes this team more than anyone since she protects everyone before herself, but you allow her to be open with us." Ajak explained, her motherly nature as distinguished as ever. "Thank you for that. Be careful with her, or else I will do something that shall not be named, okay?"

"I will," Druig responded, faintly shocked by Ajak's revelation. Formerly, the male wasn't knowledgeable of the impact he had on Y/n's behavior. Sure, he carried out all those things, but he felt like she affected him more and made him more accepting. In reality, they helped each other conquer their fears, try different things, and become new people together.

And they would continue doing it for innumerous years to come, holding hands and feeling complete as they tackle life's challenges jointly.

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

𝙎𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙔 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙀𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙍𝙎.
𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙔 𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍, 𝘽𝙄𝙏𝘾𝙃𝙀𝙎.
𝙄𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍 𝙄𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙈𝙔 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍,
𝙄 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙆𝙈𝙎. 𝙄 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 ☻︎