─︎ тwenтy тwo || eтernal ─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎─︎

Before the remaining immortals flew to the emergence site in the Domo, they created a plan that they hoped would work on Ikaris. Well, it was more like Y/n did. It wasn't guaranteed it would function exactly like she dreamed it would, but it was the only strategy they had. Ikaris, as much as they didn't want to admit it, was powerful and possessed a fighter's mind. To beat him would take a miracle.

Just as intended, Ikaris's attention went to the Domo, permitting her and her other teammates to infiltrate the island, preparing for the next stage of their agenda. With eagerness, Thena waited at the Domo to distract Ikaris. Not once has she admitted it, but she always wanted to fight the traitor. The notion absolutely thrilled her to a vast magnitude, her hands prickling with readiness as she gripped her weapons. Kingo stayed with Phastos, just in case Ikaris chose to try something.

With caution, Makkari sped Sersi to the island, while Druig was being flown by Y/n, her eyes concealing her profound concern. No word in the universe could singly describe what she felt. All she knew was that the sensation left her cold.

Feet touching the ground, she gently plopped onto the soil before gracefully settling, unknowingly looking at him as the history of their love story was mentally built into a museum, welcoming her into the recollections her brain organized to perfection. She fell for Druig like a person who falls in love with books would, turning each page only to expose that there were little details that no one else noticed, like the glorious treasure and magic that fueled one's soul.

Noticing the glint in her eyes, he smiled, the corners of his eyes and mouth crinkling in the most flawless way possible. "I'm right here," he whispered, holding her hand in a manner that made her heart skip. "Always."

As reassurance destroyed all the nerves constructing, she nodded. "That was really cheesy." she joked, her smile appearing.

"Yet you love it," Druig whispered.

"I really don't." she lied, making Druig shake her head at the obvious fib.

Did she?

Yes. Yes, she did.

Clicking the bracelet into place, Druig initiated the Uni-Mind. Golden tracings hovered over everyone's suit and frame, all uniting into one sphere that was molding in the air. Letting go of his hand, Y/n allowed the invention to commence its purpose.

The downside was that Ikaris had put together what she had planned. He studied his past companions from above, singling out who would be his first target.

Druig.

Hearing the volcano's rumbling subsiding because the group's plan was functioning, he set to action. Catching them by surprise, Ikaris used his laser eyes to hit Druig on the back, making him stumble. Ikaris almost stood in front of him before Y/n cultivated force fields for everyone, making his eyes narrow.