chapter 14 ( To my dear ray...)

Ray woke up ,remembering everything that happened last night. He rushed to her room but she wasn't there.

He checked every room in the house, hoping last night was just another nightmare... But deep down he knew it was not a dream when he saw a card, a handkerchief embroidery along with a flower that y/n had gave him before everything went black.

His eyes widened and went to look at the card.he opened it and his all body gave up, he felt dizzy reading the note y/n left behind.

"𝚃𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚢.

𝙰𝚜 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚖𝚊 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚊. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚎𝚎𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎. 𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎.

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜.𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝𝚕𝚢.

𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎, 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎.

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚎𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗, 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚝𝚜. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝙸 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛. 𝙰𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊𝚜 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚖𝚖𝚊, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 ,𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚠, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚠𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑, 𝚜𝚘 𝚒𝚖 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢.

𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 .𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚛 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎?𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍. 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚔𝚊𝚢?

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 2 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔....

𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚛 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜. 𝚒 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜.  𝙾𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢... 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎....

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞...

𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚢'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝. 𝚈/𝚗-

Ray rushed to the window looking out to the field. Maybe he could still save her... But who was he kidding? It was already morning and she was long gone.

He thought that if he had answered to her undying love for him, maybe it would be different, maybe she would have gotten the courage to fight back, maybe she wouldn't have given up easily, maybe she would still be here with him, refusing to leave his side.

These thoughts were running around his mind.

His tear stained face pressed the window. He was tired, the only girl he promised and wished to protect was not with him anymore. She always was with him with a bright smile, that would always give him the energy to go on with life......But now she was gone.

He looked out to the field unknowingly staring at the spot under the tree where he first met y/n .

Ray snapped out of it and looked at his pinky finger, remembering the very first promise he made with the h/c haired girl.

Hot tears dripped from his cheeks as he muttered, " forever, right y/n?"

As he stood there staring at his pinky finger, he could feel someone beside him as a wave of wind came from there.... A very familiar presence, one that he wish to be there with him, and yet he didn't look to see if it truly was that person. He was tired, he knew it was just another hallucination.

The little girl in a white dress beside him closed her eyes giving a huge smile and put both of her hand to her back.

"Forever till the bitter end, ray!!"

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿  

I Used ymir's letter to historia as y/n's letter to ray. If you don't know who that is, go watch attack on titan NOW. It's an amazing story!!! might need some tissues at the end of manga though.

I always wanted to write ymir's letter somewhere and thought ,why not just use it here?

Hope you enjoyed it!!

Thank you for reading \(^o^)/