Gary Clark was on a mission to find Meredith Grey. He knew nothing about her. Just that she was Dr Derek Shepherds wife. And that was enough.

"I'm looking for a Dr Meredith Grey. Do you know where I could find her?" Gary asked in a sweet voice to a short red hair doctor.

"Uh, no. Sorry." The doctor replied, whose jacket read Dr Reed Adamson. "Who else could I ask?" Gary asked.

"Listen sir, I'm sorry. I'm busy. Go find someone else and they'll help you." Dr Adamson said with the a sigh. He frowned and reached into his jacket pocket.

"Shoulda helped me." Gary said as he shot her square in the head. He watched her body collapse to the floor and put his gun away before walking back off.

"Can you help me?" Gary asked, moving up to a brunette haired girl with the coat named Dr Lexie Grey. Yeah. What can I do for you?" She asked. Gary smiled. She would help him.

"I'm looking for the other Dr Grey. Any clue where I'd find her?" He asked.

"Yeah. She's on neuro today. All the way at this end of this hallway. She should be around there somewhere." Dr Lexie Grey replied with a smile, not thinking anything of it.

"Thank you." Gary said, grinning while he walked. Little did Meredith's sister know was that she would regret helping him later on.

As He was continuing down the hall, he heard the lockdown announcement over the speakers. He knew someone found the doctor he shot.

The halls were bare as he got to the neuro wing. Gary looked all around, before he finally found her. Dr Meredith Grey, in the middle of opening the door to a supply closet.

"Hey. What's going on?" Gary asked in a fake worried voice. "Come here. There's a shooter. We have to hide." Dr Grey replied. She wouldn't let a patients loved one get killed.

Gary quickly jogged over and she shut the door behind them. "It's gonna be fine." Dr Grey said. "Not for you it won't." Gary said as he pulled out his gun.

Meredith's face went pale and she let out an exhale. "No." She breathed. "Your husband is Dr Shepherd, correct? Or your boyfriend?" He asked as he watched Meredith's eyes dart left and right, trying to find someway to escape.

"He is." Dr Grey answered. "He killed my wife. I'm sure he told you about this." Gary explained. "Please Mr Clark. You don't have to do this." Meredith pleaded.

"Hmm. I could shoot you in the head. That would kill you instantly." He said. "I could shoot you in the gut. That way you would suffer like my wife probably did."

"Please." Meredith whispered. "I think I'll go with the gut. I want you to suffer and I want Dr Shepherd to suffer and feel the way I am." Gary said harshly.

"Don't do this." She said quietly, her voice shaking.

"Sorry." Gary said, his voice void of emotion as he shot her, right in the middle of the chest. Dr Grey collapsed to the ground, her hand over her chest.

He looked over her one last time before exiting the supply room. Gary walked out of the hosptial completely, not surprised when a bunch of cops had their guns drawn at him.

And with no regret, he lifted the gun to his head and fired.

Now, he would be with his wife. And Dr Shepherd would suffer too.

He got his revenge.

•••

Derek raced through the halls as the lockdown was called off. Paramedics and police were all over the place, looking for victims to find and help. Or to announce dead.

"Dr shepherd." A policeman said as the neurosurgeon ran into him. "Sorry. Sorry. I'm trying to find my wife." He said in a rushed voice.

The policeman nodded and Derek continued on. Derek opened every door he saw and looked around. But he couldn't find her.

Finally, he opened the last door on the left in the wing and walked in. "Mer?" He asked quietly. "Derek." Meredith breathed, her voice weaker than he's ever heard. Derek ran in and searched around.

"Mer." Derek gasped as he saw her laying in a pool of her own blood, leaning against the wall. Derek bent down and put his hands on her chest in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"I need help!" He yelled, his voice cracking. "Shot me." Meredith whispered, her eyes closing. "Hey, hey, don't close your eyes. Don't close your eyes. You're gonna be okay, alright? Stay awake for me." He said. "I need help!" He repeated.

Two paramedics came in quickly and knelt down around Meredith, who was bleeding at an incredibly fast pace.

They stuffed the wound with gauze as much as they could, but it was clear to everyone that Meredith needed to get to a hosptial.

"No exit wound." One paramedic said. Meredith coughed and she winced. "You're okay. It's okay." Derek said, holding her hand and not daring to let go.

They transferred Meredith on to a stretcher, and her cries of pain broke Derek's heart. "Der..." Meredith rasped. "I'm here." He said. "I'm here."

Once Meredith was settled into an ambulance, the paramedics hooked her up to ivs and tried to wrap her chest as best as possible. She needed blood, desperately, but they didn't have any.

at this point, Meredith lost consciousness from blood loss. But Derek didn't let go of her hand.

He wasn't a religious man. Sure, he grew up catholic going to church every Sunday. But after highschool, he never went to church.

Regardless of that, he prayed. Because he needed all the help he could get. He needed his wife to survive. And he would do anything for that tO happen.

"Please be okay. Please be okay." Derek whispered, bringing her bloody hand to his face and squeezing it.

Hey guys!!! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. I know this story is a little different, but whatever. Here's a few things to know for this story:

Meredith is not pregnant

Derek's dad is alive