pt.5

I woke up sharp at eight as if my body was set on an alarm to wake at the same time every day. I guess that was what you would call routine. My body's alarm hadn't gotten the memo that it was the holidays, meaning late nights and even later mornings. It left me wide awake at eight in the morning, unable to fall asleep, but nothing better to do either.

I rolled around in my bed for a good half-an-hour before giving up. Tossing my blankets, grabbing the cosiest sweater I owned along with my bathing products, and stuffing my feet into my bedroom slippers, I headed for the prefect's bathroom.

Was I allowed in there? Not really.

But it was the holidays, meaning there were hardly any prefects left in school. Even if there was someone who used them staying over, it was way too early to even be awake on a holiday.

I should have checked before I waltzed into the prefect's bathroom like I belonged there.

I was unbuttoning my shirt when I saw him.

Blond hair slicked back with water, an amused smile tilting his lips, cheek resting on his knuckles, eyes crinkled as he stared at me.

Even if I had five years of experience sneaking into the prefect's bathroom under my belt, I hadn't accounted for Taehyung staying over as well. It's not that I forgot - how could I? - it was more that I hadn't expected him to be awake. We had gone to bed quite late - wait a minute! When had we gone to bed?

Better yet, how had I ended up in my bed?

The last thing I could remember is stepping out of the alcove with him after Filch chased us around the school.

"Don't stop on my account. Do go on, I was quite enjoying the view."

Taehyung's voice snapped me out of my wandering thoughts.

It took me a moment to realise what he was talking about. When I did, I quickly fisted the open flap of my shirt over my chest, burning up from the neck and upwards.

"Sorry, I didn't think anyone else would be awake," I said, my voice no louder than a whisper, but the echo of the bathroom was loud enough for it to carry to him.

Taehyung tilted his head, his piercing eyes studying me in a way that felt like I was being scanned under an x-ray. He raked a hand through his hair before shrugging.

"What are you doing up little Bunny? You fell asleep on me while walking, I would have expected you to have slept some more."

I'm sure he didn't mean to embarrass me - it also answered how I had ended up on my bed with no memory of it (I didn't even have to wonder how he knew the password to enter the Hufflepuff Common Room) - yet I flushed right down to my toes at the reminder.

He laughed, not waiting for my answer before he turned away.

"Why don't you join me now that you are here?"

I hesitated, not sure if I wanted to be naked and sharing a bath with him. The prefect's bath might be big enough to fit twenty of me in it just fine, and the bubbles he had added covered the surface in a huge pool of white, but it was still Taehyung we were talking about. He didn't rush me. He stayed silent for so long, humming under his breath as he washed, and I started to think he forgot I was even in the bathroom with him.

After what felt like an eternity, but couldn't have been more than a few painstakingly long seconds, I decided it would be a waste of time to trudge all the way back to the dorm to take a bath. I might as well join him and be done with it. We were both boys and he had covered the bath with enough bubbles that it was on the brink of overflowing.