Chapter 3

A year passed since both Naruto and Sasuke became friends. The Uchiha's decided to adopt Naruto. Sasuke wasn't too happy at the thought of Naruto become his brother, but if it meant for them to be much much closer, Sasuke didn't care. I mean, they aren't blood related right? ( A/n: I don't really ship any step-siblings like Diluc and Kaeya {from Genshin Impacts} but for the sake of the story's plot I'll have to make Naruto and Sasuke step-brothers)

"You really mean it?" Naruto asked happily. "Yes we do. We'd be really happy if you were apart for our family Naruto" Mikoto, the mother of Sasuke Uchiha and Itachi Uchiha smiled.

"B-but wouldn't I be a big bother to you?" he asked. "Don't worry about that, Naruto. Because we know that you will never be any kind of bother to us" Zel smiled.

Naruto went to hug the Uchiha family and started tearing up. "Thank you"

"You guys better take good care of him! If he ever gets hurt, I'll shred you all to pieces!" Sarotobi glared at them. Sasuke rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue in annoyance. "He'll never get hurt as long as I'm alive and well" he smirked and pulled Naruto close to him. "Too close" Sarotobi pulled Naruto away from Sasuke and glared at the young Uchiha.

"Anyways, Naruto, dear." Mikoto kneeled down at Naruto's height. "Would you like to have your last name as an Uchiha or keep it as Uzumaki?" Mikoto asked kindly. Naruto began to fidget his small fingers together. "I, I'd like to k-keep my last name" he fidgeted even more. Sasuke smirked even more. "Whatever choice you make we will support it, Naruto. So don't be afraid of what you will choose in the near future with us, okay?" Mikoto patted Naruto's hair softly. 'Good. He can just change his last name when we get married anyways' Sasuke thought and creepily smiled. "Brat. Your smile is getting a bit creepy over there bud" Zel snapped her fingers together trying to snap Sasuke out of his thoughts.

"Stay out of this, hag" "why you..." Zel was about to jump Sasuke until she felt large hands around her waist. "Alright, alright. That's enough" Itachi held Zel by her waist to stop her from doing anything.

"You're lucky, brat." both stuck their tongue at each other.

"Come on, let's go show Naruto his new room" Mikoto cheered happily. She was really happy that she was able to adopt her best friend's son.

*two weeks later*

*knock* a knock was heard, outside of Sasuke's room. Sasuke quitely opened his door and saw a crying Naruto. Sasuke's eyes widened and furrowed his eyes in anger. 'Who ever made him cry shall die' he thought. "What's wrong Naruto? Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you??" Naruto shook his head and went to hug Sasuke tightly. "I-I had a bad dream... C-can I sleep in your tonight?" Naruto pleaded. To Sasuke he looked like a puppy who lost its owner.

"You can sleep here anytime, Naruto" Sasuke smiled.

What really made Naruto cry was not the fact that he had a bad nightmare. But because of what Itachi and the rest of the Uchiha told him.

*flashback*

"Naruto, we're gonna tell you something that Sasuke nor Zel should know. It'll really be hard for you but can you handle it?" Mikoto asked, afraid that Naruto might be tainted by the darkness if they didn't tell him the plan. "I-i can handle it" Naruto who was smiling, nodded in determination. "Know that we love you, Sasuke and Zel" Itachi spoke. "But I will have to kill everyone in the Uzhiha clan.. Including okaa-san and otou-san, in two weeks from now." Naruto's smile dropped.

"W-what? B-but why?" Naruto felt a huge pang hit his heart. His family, a family who finally took him in, is going to die.

The whole Uchiha clan is planning to overthrow the Hidden Leaf village... That doesn't include our parents but I have to kill them as well.." Fugaku and Mikoto nodded.

"But Big Brother Itachi said you weren't apart of it so why is he killing you too?" Naruto asked. "We were apart of something that can never be undone, and if he doesn't kill us. Sasuke will be the one to die instead"

"I don't want you both to die! And I don't want Itachi to kill anyone! You are the first people to except me! Please, please!" Naruto began to break on to multiple sobs and pleaded both the older uchihas. They both went to hug Naruto and mikoto cried with him. "I know, hunny. And I really am sorry. But it has to be this way. I really am sorry. Just know that we love you, and that's all that matters"

"Never tell Zel and Sasuke. Alright?" Itachi crouched down at Naruto's level. "But they are more of a family to you guys than me" Naruto lowered his eyes down in sadness. "If Zel were ever to find out, she'd kill the whole entire Uchiha clan herself and would be exiled from the hidden leaf instead of me. And that's the last thing that I'd ever want. And for Sasuke? I don't know what he'll do when he finds out, but our plan was to make Sasuke stronger. So that he could protect himself and you from any near danger" Itachi frowned. "Make sure to protect Sasuke for us. Alright?" Mikoto hugged Naruto rightly and Fugaku patted his head and softly smiled. "I will make sure to protect him! And I promise to never tell Sasuke or Zel" Naruto hugged them back and started to cry.

"Go to sleep now. Have a good night rest. We love you"