Chapter 3

(Earlier that day...)

Bart and his buddy Milhouse were hiding under the slide at the play place. Bart had a bottle mixture composing of vinegar and lemon juice.

"Are you sure this is the place to do it Bart?" Milhouse asked his menacing friend.

"There's been a rumor going on around town theorizing that the balls they have for kids to play with in the ball pit are made of ingredients they use to make Skittles." Bart explained. "I'm trying to see if it's true."

"That explains my allergic reactions," said Milhouse. "But I still can't believe it would be the balls here."

"Well who's balls would it be?" Bart asked.

The two boys chuckled naughtily at their extensive use of the term, 'balls'.

"You still play in the ball pit?" Bart questioned raising one eye.

"Uhhhh......" Milhouse stuttered. "It's a long story."

OK everyone, said a voice. Story Time!!!!

All the toddlers then climbed out of the ball-pit to sit and pay attention to the storyteller.

"Suckers..." Bart said as he unscrewed the bottle cap and emptied out the liquid into the ball pit.

"What do you think you're doing kid?" asked a male worker. Bart felt his heart stopped. Fortunately, he was able to think of a lie.

"I'm just volunteering here to clean the balls." he said. "They are very dirty here and uh... I definitely need those hours to graduate."

"Carry on," said the worker.

It didn't take a couple of seconds for Bart to realize Milhouse wasn't helping him. Much to his annoyance yet sudden amusement, Milhouse was sitting with the group of little children listening to the storyteller or heckling.

"I could understand Little Red Riding Hood asking questions, but why doesn't the wolf just eat her or at least have a tea party instead of answering ridiculous questions?"

The toddlers than advanced on the storyteller who was none other than Moleman,

"Oh dear," he moaned before scumbling to his apparent death.

By the time he finished pouring the bottle, Bart was reluctant to see if his plan would really work. As he got behind the slide, he met with Milhouse who had a piece of dentures stuck to his hair.

"You've should have seen it Bart, that storyteller did not know what he was telling us about." Milhouse told him.

Bart looked at him with a face that could have easily been read as 'I don't care'.

He then heard crying coming from the ball pit and out came kids drenched in colors of the rainbow. Among those who came out was Barney Gumble who was drenched in purple liquid everywhere.

"That's the last time I take a comment from Moe seriously." Barney said as he munched on a blue cheeseburger.

_____________________

"Why can't Mom just give me extra money to buy anything?" Lisa mumbled to herself as she roamed around the mall. "If Dad was here, he wouldn't notice Bart stealing money from his wallet."

Lisa then felt something sticky under her shoe.

Great, she thought. I stepped in a wad of gum At least I'll have something to take from this store for free.

She crankily raised her foot and prepared to rip the wad out in disgust. As she took a closer look however, she noticed that the wad of gum she stepped on was a green piece of paper shaped like a small rectangle.