Chapter 5

At breakfast, Homer was using the app to impersonate a number of people. 

"Hello?" Homer said.

"Who is this?" said a representative on the receiver's end.  

"This is your boss speaking." Homer then put his feet on Lisa's lap, much to her annoyance. She then pushed them off and moved to another chair.

"I'm afraid we can't do that sir." The voice said over the phone nervously.

"Ohhh," Homer said. "Why not?" He was growing impatient, but he had a threat in mind.

"You see sir, there's a large production facility that's going behind and if we were to start selling our products for free--." 

"Do as I say or else you'll be demoted," Homer said threateningly. The representative gulped. "You heard me." 

"Yes sir." The representative replied nervously. He then quickly hung up.

Homer was too distracted to realize that there wasn't any breakfast at the table at all. In fact, he was so distracted that he couldn't even the sound of stomachs growling, including his. He was just happy of how he can spend a day pretending to be the person who was in charge of the power plant.

Bart observed his father's phone conversation as he waited for Marge to make him breakfast. Yesterday was hard on both him and his sister, so it wouldn't be surprising for Marge to make a quick recovery. Lisa on the other hand stayed in her room all morning practicing for what would be the most sincere apology. She walked out of her room, then walked down the stairs believing that Marge would already be downstairs making breakfast for the boys and Maggie. She walked out of her room, then walked down the stairs believing that Marge would already be downstairs making breakfast for the boys and Maggie. She was wrong. There was no sign of Marge, so she walked into the living room to find Bart on the floor and Maggie on the couch watching The Itchy and Scratchy Show.

"Is mom still in her room?" Bart asked his sister.

"Yeah," Lisa said. "I've been practicing my apology and I'm sure Mom's going to forgive me. I want you to listen to it to see if there are any errors or anything I need to add."

Bart tried hard not to pay attention to his sister. Lisa give him an annoyed glare. "Are you even paying attention?"

"Why should I? You're gonna bore me with your poem of how you should be forgiven and how great you are when I should be enjoying my summer watching TV."

Lisa gritted her teeth and grabbed Bart by the arm. "You're going to listen to my apology and tell me if it's good or not!"

As the two quarreled, they saw Marge walk into the living room. Lisa then turned to Marge and tried to smile at her, but Marge just looked at Lisa with an look of annoyance on her face before sitting on the couch. She then picked up Maggie and set her on her lap. Maggie would normally jump around and run around the living room, but she felt Marge's anger and didn't want to risk increasing her mother's rage.

 To Lisa, It was obvious that she wasn't in the mood for any conversations today. But she wanted to set the record straight despite the protesting nods Bart and Maggie gave her. 

She walked up to her mother who held Maggie like a stuffed animal, much to the latter's discomfort.

"Mom, I understand that what happened to you yesterday in the mall was traumatic and unsettling, but you can't hold a grudge against three kids. You'll just make yourself feel even more miserable-" As Lisa continued to explain, Marge cut her off. "I don't want to hear it, I don't care."