Chapter 32

A few weeks later

Everything has started changing. I haven't talked to Elliot or Angel in a month now. I've ignored every call they've made. They don't even know I got stabbed. We went from seeing each other every few days to nothing at all.

Landon and Chris have taken over the 'best friend' title and have both become the most supportive people in my life. When Titus fails me, they're there. When Cadence fails me, they're there. They always make me smile and laugh and I love being around them.

"I wonder if Angel has told Brett that the baby she carries isn't his yet," I ponder.

Landon smirks and claps his hands. Oh no. You know when Landon has a crazy idea when he starts clapping. "I reckon we tell Brett then egg Angels car!" He excitedly exclaims.

Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms over my chest and huff. Brett does deserve to know and I don't really care how he finds out. I seriously doubt Angel told him. She's living her fantasy life. Pregnant, in a secure home with a partner with money. What more could she ask for? Not everyone gets the luxury of pregnancy and security. I stand up and they both eye me down, curious as to what I'm going to say.

"Let's ruin a bitch," I mumble and walk out to go to the car. Landon squeaks excitedly and grabs Chris, pulling him to the car. I get in the passenger seat, Chris gets in the drivers seat and Landon gets in the back seat. The car revs as Chris ignites the ignition and I swallow nervously. My only concern is Brett getting hurt. Except he needs to know. Chris and Landon bob their heads to the music and I stare out the window.

We pull up to the front of Angel and Brett's house, I see Brett's car but I don't see Angel's. Well, there goes the egging her car idea. I refuse to egg anything Brett will be forced to clean. I swallow hard and Chris keeps the engine on as we all stare silently.

"So? What are we doing?" Landon asks, seeming to be getting bored. I roll my eyes at him and sigh, rubbing my face with my hands and yawning.

"I think this is something I need to do myself," I whisper and look at the back to Landon. He pouts, disappointed and whines.

"So no fun?" He questions.

Chris looks back at him with a look of warning and shakes his head, as if talking telepathically. Landon sighs and leans back in his seat with his arms crossed. I look at their front door. Am I prepared to break a nice persons heart? No. Does he deserve to know? Yes. Would have Angel told him? No.

Opening the door, I suck in a deep breath and my hands tremble as I step out of the car. "Good luck baby girl," Chris winks. I shut the door quietly, hoping Brett doesn't hear so I have time to think. I slowly make my way up the footpath until I reach the door. With a trembling hand, I bring it up to knock on the door. It echoes and my heart beat accelerates pathetically. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong. Angel and Elliot are the ones that have done something wrong.

The door opens and Brett stands there. He looks at me and a smile stretches across his face as my heart pangs in sorrow. "Oh my god! Emberly, it's been too long," he brings me in for a hug. I hug him back and clench my eyes shut, we then break apart and I look back to the car that is waiting for me.

"Is Angel in?" I question.

"No," he responds with furrowed eyebrows. "I could call her and let her know you came? I haven't seen you in ages! I've been wondering why. Normally I would see you every week," he rasps. With widened eyes, I shake my head furiously for him to not call Angel.