Sundrop x child!reader ☀️☁️

Request made by @CallieTheFangirl
3rd point of view

( your / name ) slowly popped their head around the corner and looked around, panting heavily from trying to hide.
This was terrifying, they're surprised that they haven't had a heart attack yet from being chased around and almost brutally murdered.
( y / n ) waited before leaving their hiding spot and instantly running for it, running to a door with a sun drawn on it.
They pressed their back against it and shivered before suddenly yelping once the gate opened, they turned around and saw that there was a little room.. first thing they noticed was a tall gold statue of Sunrise, the daycare attendant.
Behind it was moondrop, maybe there was two daycare attendants?
( y / n ) slowly walked around the statue and looked from up where there was a fence guarding an entire room, the only way to get in from up there was a slide that said " slide into fun! ". ( y / n ) messed with their sleeves nervously before sitting down at the edge of the slide and slid down.

What awaited for them down there? Balls... plastic colored balls, they landed in a ball pit at the end of the slide.
They grunted before pushing through the balls until suddenly froze when they heard a door from above opening, they looked up to see sunrise, the daycare attendant up on a huge balcony that was styled to look like a castle.
Sunrise did a spin before throwing his hands up and cheering out " hoo hoo hoo!! ", what really spooked ( y / n ) was when sunrise proceeded to dive straight into the ball pit.
( y / n ) instantly rushed to try and climb out of the ball pit in panic but yelled out in surprise when sunrise picked them up from under their armpits and smiled big.

" hello! new friend!! You're sure up late, are we having a slumber party!? Where are all your friends?? " sunrise asked while climbing out of the ball pit, still holding ( y / n ) who struggled and kicked around.
" put me down! Put me down! " ( y / n ) cried, and instantly sunrise dropped them and they fell on their ass.
" Ow! " ( y / n ) said, sunrise gasped and said " oh no! Oh no! I'm sorry! Are you hurt!? ".
( y / n ) stuttered and stared up at him, he must have been 6 feet tall because he towered over ( y / n ). " no I'm- I'm fine. " ( y / n ) said while trying to crawl away.
Sunrise instantly picked ( y / n ) up again and gently set them on a bean bag, making ( y / n ) sink into it slightly.
" don't be worried! I won't hurt ya! I just wanna be your friend! " sunrise said excitedly, his beaming personality made his looks less intimidating to ( y / n ), and so far he hasn't tried to kill them..
" my friend? YOU want to be MY friend? " ( y / n ) asked while sitting up but huffed when they only sinked into the chair again.

" of course I do, silly! Why wouldn't I!? So new friend, what's your name!? " sunrise asked while instantly sitting on the floor, Criss crossed.
" ( y / n ).. " they said while hesitantly holding their hand out to shake, sunrise smiled and shook their hand instantly saying " I like that name!! I'm sunrise! The daycare attendant! ".
( y / n ) managed to smile and feel a little comfortable, suddenly sunrise jumped up and said " now let's get down to business! We can finger paint, tell stories, drink fizzy faz until our heads ex-PLODE and then stay up all night! There's only one rule, keep the lights ON ". ( y / n ) wondered about the lights, I mean they never cared for the dark so it wasn't a problem.

" uhm how about finger painting..? " ( y / n ) suggested, making sunrise clap and run to go get the stuff they needed.
( y / n ) instantly decided to get out of the bean bag and sigh in relief.
Sunrise came back with the stuff and laid them out on a table, " okay! Come here, I'll help you put on an apron! " he claimed while holding a cute sun apron up, ( y / n ) smiled and walked to him and turned around so he could tie the apron on.
Once they sat down, ( y / n ) picked up a brush and started to paint, sunrise across from them instantly getting started.
( y / n ) decided to draw their pet ( pet / option ), ( pet / name ).
( y / n ) hummed a tune while enjoying this, sunrise occasionally looked up and then back at his own painting.
" so ( y / n )! What are you drawing? " sunrise asked, ( y / n ) looked up at him and said " my pet ( p / o ), ( p / n )! I love them so much. ".
They showed him the painting and sunrise clapped, " I like it, it's very good! " he said.
" thank you! What are you painting? " ( y / n ) asked while looking at his paper, " a guitar! " sunrise said while showing the painting with pride, " I like it! " ( y / n ) said while giggling.

Later sunrise gave ( y / n ) some fizzy faz while he brought out a big box of all types of clothes, they sipped the drink before asking " why do you have a bunch of clothes? ".
" in case everyone wants to pay dress up! They always make me the dragon... " sunrise said while huffing, making ( y / n ) giggle and say " that sounds like fun! Is there a knight costume in there? ".
Sunrise dug into the chest and instantly pulled out what they were asking for, they grabbed it and put it on over their clothes. Surprisingly the costume was a perfect fit, sunrise clapped once more and said " you look great! ".
" thank you! " ( y / n ) said before grabbing a prop sword and holding it high in the air proudly.
" hey, can we both be knights? " ( y / n ) asked, hatching an idea.
" Well sure! But without a princess to save or a dragon to slay it will be pretty boring " sunrise said, ( y / n ) hummed before looking around and instantly started grabbing things.

" what are you doing ( y / n )? " sunrise asked, watching them put together stuff, they glued a broom into a bucket and placed their pet picture on the brush of the broom, along with a wig on top.
" why don't we pretend our paintings are the characters? " ( y / n ) suggested while presenting their creation, sunrise seemed amazed by their thinking and said " I love it! Let's do it! ".
A little bit goes by and they made ( y / n's ) pet drawing the princess and sunrise's guitar into a dragon, they put the ' princess ' up near the castle and managed to make the ' dragon ' fly around with string connected to the fan on the celling.
" oh help me! Help me! There's a mean dragon about to get me! " ( y / n ) voiced the ' princess ' while sunrise made dragon noises in the background.

Both sunrise and ( y / n ) jumped out in sight, both wearing armor and weilding their swords.
" fear not helpless princess! " sunrise claimed with courage.
" we'll save you! " ( y / n ) said before both of them charged at the ' dragon ' and swung their swords around it, pretending like they were fighting it. The dragon was down and the knights were in victory, " yay I'm saved!! " the princess claims while the knights cheered and gave each other a high five.
It wasn't soon before ( y / n ) was starting to feel tired, they hummed while trying to stay awake.
Sunrise looked at ( y / n ) and kneeled down to their level. " aw you can't be tired yet! " he said, ( y / n ) smiled tiredly and said " noo I'm not tired.. totally not. ".
Sunrise smiled and opened his arms, this time ( y / n ) hugged him and got lifted up. It was there ( y / n ) fell asleep in his arms as he took them up towards the tower and into the doors he came out from since the beginning.

Inside was a cosy room, it must have been where sunrise charges once it was closing time. Sunrise held a small bed in there too, perfect for ( y / n ).
He rested his knee on the mattress while pulling back the covers a little and then gently setting down ( y / n ), they hummed in their sleep and rolled to their side.
Sunrise put the covers up to their shoulder and smiled, " sleep tight, ( y / n ). " he said before instantly going into his charging port, and found it best to charge over night.