Chapter 9

After Dong left with the unconscious Xiu, Yang took a deep breath then walked back to chop the newly acquired two trees. Before he continued, he looked at his reflection using his axe, and once again, his text was changed: "Uncultured 152".

Yang: Another change... what could it be?

Yang started chopping the tree into smaller parts; then, he cut some of them into even smaller pieces. While he was working, due to the hard work and thanks to the sun, he started sweating, and his sweat slightly washed his dried blood off from his face.

After he finished, he wanted to sit down to rest, but Ming came to inform him that the food was ready, so he went inside, and they started to eat.

Mig: Y-Yang?

Yang: Yes?

Mig: I have seen your fight with that other guy... and you said you are not a cultivator, and you don't even know what a cultivator is, right?

Yang: Yes, that was my first time seeing one.

Mig: But how were you able to beat him?

Yang: I don't know; what was so special about him? He was weak, in my view. In the end, I had to pull my punch a bit because I didn't want to kill him.

Before Yang and Mig could have finished their meal, they heard shouts.

???: Yang. Yang are you here?

Yang: You finish eating and stay here.

I will be back soon.

Mig: But...

???: Yang?

Yang stood up, gave his meat back to Mig and left the small house. Once he was outside, he could see Dong on the small trail looking around, but he had another person next to him. That was Dsuo.

Dong: Sorry for arriving so soon after our last encounter. Please let me introduce the sect master of our sect, sect master Dsuo.

Yang: Nice to meet you, but... Sect master?

Dong: Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. You were the disciple of our Xusun Pavilion.

Yang: What the hell is up with that name?

Yang looked at the newly introduced elder, or rather at his bones. The sect master had the same text as Dong had: "Suppressed". Strangely, Dsuo was also observing Yang.

Dong: We came to give you the prize that Xiu offered.

Yang: Thank you...

Dong pulled three small manuals from his sleeves and wanted to give them to Yang, but the sect master stopped him.

Dsuo: Wait a bit with that. Let me test him first.

Dong: But...

Yang: What kind of test are you interested in putting me through?

Dsuo: Let's, see, let's see... are you good at maths?

Yang: I suppose I am.

Dsuo: Let's see then. Tell me a number that comes to your mind first... No, try to guess the number I have in mind.

Yang: How is it connected to math?

Dsuo: Knowing numbers is a basic requirement for maths.

Yang: I thought you would give me something that I need to calculate... something like logarithm or sin cos or something like that.

Dsuo: Not quite, but I am glad you are confident.

Dsuo started smiling while Dong was totally confused.

Dsuo: Are you ready?

The text above Dsuo's head changed: "Suppressed 256".

Yang: What the hell...

Dsuo: I will give you two hints. One, it has three digits; two, it can be divided by 2

Yang: Wait. That number above his head... I have a bad feeling about this, but I believe he wants me to give him that number.

Dsuo: So, what is my number?

Yang: 256

Dsuo: Perfect.

The text above Dsuo changed once again: "Suppressed 2562".

Dsuo: This time, it is four...

Yang: 2562

Dsuo: Most excellent... And now for the last one.

The text changed for the third time: "Suppressed 10.000".

Yang: 10.000

Dsuo: You truly have great "vision".

Dsuo's text changed in a way it has yet to change before: "Suppressed 10.000+".

Dsuo: for your next test, I want you to take this pill if something happens.

Yang: ??? What?!

Dsuo walked right next to Yang and put a small ball into his palm.

Dsuo: Swallow it.

Yang: I have been told that I have once taken the wrong pill... why should I trust this?

Dsuo: You are right.

Dsuo took out another similar pill, showed it to Yang, and swallowed it in front of him. Yang hesitated for a few seconds, but in the end, he did what he was asked. After taking the pill, his whole body started to feel slightly numb but wasn't very special.

Yang: And what now?

Dsuo: I gave you a pill that notifies all your pain for about an hour; I want you to try and dodge my attack.

Yang: I have a bad feeling about this, but fine.

Dsuo put his hands behind his back and just smiled, but Yang could see something stepping out of him. That thing looked like Dsuo's shadow; Yang could barely see it; he could only see where it was. That human-like thing dashed at Yang and wanted to punch him, but Yang bent backwards and successfully evaded the incoming fist. He tried to counterattack, kicking the shadow, but his kick went through it as if it were made of air.

Dsuo: Most majestic!

Dong: Sect master, what kind of test did you put under this child? What were you thinking, trying to evade your divine sense's attack? I could barely see it; you hid it too well.

Dsuo: Yang, it seems you are an excellent man with a bright future. Would you like to come back to Xusun Pavilion?

Yang: I...I don't know. I have a friend...

Yang gazed into Dsuo's eyes. He had never been so serious since he came to this new world. Even Dsuo was a bit surprised by his stare.

Yang: And abandoning people, even if they are useless, is not my style!

Dsuo: I perfectly understand, in that case, I will come back in a week, and I will ask you once again if it is fine with you.

Yang: Thank you for your understanding.

Dong: Here are the manuals that you have won.

Dsuo: Take these as well, as compensation for taking up your time.

Dong gave the three manuals to Yang, and Dsuo put another one onto the pile and a mirror.

Dsuo: It will be more convenient than the axe.

Yang: Could he really know my strange vision? Who the hell is he? What power does he have?

Dong: Well then, see you later Yang, I hope you will come back to us! Goodbye!

Dsuo: Please think about my offer; farewell!

Yang: Thank you and see you later!