Chapter 2

Henry and I sat side by side on the bench, the cool breeze blowing by our sides. My teeth started chattering as I held my torso with my arms crossed. 

"Here," he said, handing his blazer. I stared at it with my eyes blinking so rapidly I feared it might dry out. 

I couldn't possibly accept his blazer. First of all, we just met. Secondly, his blazer was way too big for me and I would look like a little teddy bear wrapped up in it. And that's something I didn't like to serve as my first impression. Not that my first impression was any good but I didn't want to make things worse. 

"It's okay," I replied with a nervous smile with my eyes still wandering across the floor. 

Suddenly, a warm fabric touched my shirt and I clutched it unaware that it was Henry's. I shot up my head and mumbled a low thanks. 

As a reply, he gave me his wide grin. Again.

Maybe the Lord was being kind towards me. I wasn't sure. Meeting a total stranger, a foreigner and to add it up, a very kind one wasn't on my to-do list. 

"I-is it okay tha-that yo-u are missing you-your first clas-class?" I asked him with our eyes locked. I couldn't tear our gaze, neither could he. We stayed for a few seconds like that until he finally turned away.

"Nope but here we are anyway," he said with a soft smile plastered on his face. He had the most beautiful smile. I almost said that out loud. A wide grin that could lift the gloomiest air and fill it with glee. That was precious. Henry indeed had a very precious smile. 

My staring habit was bad enough and as if it wasn't on the peak, I kept on staring at his face. I couldn't bring myself to tear away from it. Maybe it was because of his exotic look or maybe because of his easy laughs. He tended to smile at the slightest actions. 

Henry shouldn't be missing class on his first day. He would miss his introduction too and that was big no no for a guy like him. He could easily make new friends with his cheerful smiles and fresh looks. "I could hel-help you cover some of the syllabus," I suggested. 

Henry only stared at me. He opened his mouth but I cut him off. "If you...yo-you want."

I was a complete stuttering mess. Thanks Anxiety.

"That would be great, Cody. Thanks," Henry replied with a nod. He pulled his bag in the front and opened up his English textbook. "Where do we start?" he asked, flipping to page one. 

"Uhh we need not rea-read the credits," I said. I couldn't stop my smile creeping up to my lips. This guy was just amusing!

Henry noticed my curled up lips and snorted out a laugh. "The roof is my English class and I start reading from credits. Wow! Talk about first impressions, huh?" he said to himself with his head shaking. 

I laughed out loud at his actions. There was something about him. Something funny, something cheerful, something safe, something about being yourself. "I thought you would see me as a stuttering mess. Talk about first impressions, huh?" I replied with my hands covering my grin. 

Henry shut tight his mouth in an attempt to stop his snickers. "On a serious note, the teachers here don't start from page 1, do they?" he asked, raising one brow.

I harshly shook my head while giggling like a five-year old kid who had been handed his favourite candy. "No. That would suck!" I screamed out. My voice was pitching high like crazy but I didn't mind. 

Bunking had never been this fun. 

"Great! Then Sir Cody, mind we start?" 

I raised his brow at his choice of words. He should've come from Europe. His accent was way too thick to be American. France, maybe? Or it could be Italy. I didn't know, wasn't too good at decoding accents.