Chapter 5

Jasper moved closer to me, aligning with every step I took back. The pressure in my chest was getting thicker, larger and more suffocating. It was getting harder to breathe with every steps he took towards me.

"What? Can't you even mutter a word, nerd?" His voice boomed in the cold silent wind, sending chills down my spine.

Henry. Where are you? 

"Again? Are you serious?" A female voice interrupted us. I shifted my head in the direction of my saver only to meet the Queen of Moonridge High, standing beside the door with a cup in her hand.

Loren swished her golden blonde hair with her one free hand and started making way towards us. "This is so low of you, Jasper. Keep the bullying somewhere else and not in a friendly cupcake shop," she sneered.

I took a chance of this moment when the two alphas were fighting and ran inside like a little rat. Which I was. Not gonna lie. 

"Hey! Wait up!" I could hear Loren's voice behind me. She caught me in the middle of the hall where everybody was busy chatting. This is a safe place.

"Tha-thank you fo-r savi-saving me agai-n." I looked up at her 5"8 height and her perfect face. Her tight body-con dress hugged her body in all the correct places, her collar bone was shining, her full red lips were a perfect match for her golden eyeshadow which was painted just above her big brown eyes. No wonder why people called her Beauty queen. 

"No problem," she cheered while looking directly at me, "but you should learn to protect yourself from assholes like him." 

For a queen bee to stick up for someone like me was something I never expected. Loren seemed to be the type of girl who wouldn't even care if a person dies in front of her but guess I was wrong in this case. 

"And," she continued, raising her brows, "why are you here anyways?" 

I blinked at her question. This is my house. Of course, I should be here. 

"Thi-s is my hom-home." I blinked at her again. But this time she blinked back with her jaws wide open. 

"Wait. Wait," she said, gasping out breaths in between, "this is your what? This is my boyfriend's home." She pointed her slim ring-decorated fingers towards the floor.

I wouldn't lie if I said that statement didn't get me by surprise. What boyfriend? Who? Obviously not me. Obviously not my brother. He was a nerd just like me. Or even worse than me. That guy was high on robots and rocket science. 

"Uhh-" I stuttered on my statement and took in a deep breath as I continued. "I think you go-got the wrong hou-house, Loren."

"No. I did not! This is Harvey's house," she said, stomping her heels on the wooden floor. "In fact, I will call him now.  I haven't seen him in a while."

Harvey has a girlfriend? And that too Loren. Loren Hughes. The daughter of Matthew Hughes. Where in the world did they even meet!

"Hey buddy! You okay there?" My brother's voice boomed behind me. I twisted my whole body and stared at him. 

"You have a girlfriend?!" 

"I have a what now?"

Before he could answer, his body was thrown back by a flying Loren. She hugged him tightly and swung herself around his torso. 

"Babe! Where were you? I have been calling you a thousand times!" She was still hugging him like how a monkey would hug around a tree. Well, in this case, the monkey is a 5"8 gorgeously tanned barbie doll. And the tree is the world's biggest nerd. 

Harvey pulled her away from his body and placed her a good one metre away from himself. "I was busy, Loren," he replied, stern and direct.

Loren pouted at his harsh reply. She took his left hand and started caressing it. "You told me you will introduce me to your family?"

"Yes, I would," Harvey said, looking back and forth between me and her, "as my student damn it! Not as my...girlfriend!"

I could say he almost shouted his last word. I had never seen him so flustered in my entire life and honestly, this was kinda funny. 

My guess turned out to be correct as they started arguing among themselves. 

"But you bought me cupcakes!" Loren screeched at him.

"So that you would give it to your family!" He screeched back. His voice was getting more and more high pitched. 

"To impress them!" She almost screamed. 

"No! Not to impress them! I was doing so to advertise my family cupcakes!" 

This became a whole drama. At this point, I connected the dots. These past few months, Henry had been talking about this 'student' of his who came up to him and forced him to tutor her. He agreed since the tuition fees she agreed to pay were quite large and he needed the money to support our mom's business. 

I heaved out loud and turned back. I was lost in my thoughts about what Loren actually thought of my brother. Did she seriously have some sort of crush towards him? Or was she just playing around? 

I bumped into someone hard on my face. I rubbed my temples and looked up only to be met by a pair of smiling green eyes.

"Henry!" I exclaimed out loud excitedly.

"Sorry," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, "the phone call took longer than I expected." He tore his eyes from mine and looked around our surroundings. "So shall we have fun now?"

I replied with multiple nods and a stupid grin. "Yes!"

And boy. It truly was one of the best times I had in my entire life. Henry was so smooth in everything he did. The way his eyes cheered up when I won a game. The way he high-fived me when he won one. The way he would pull out the chair for me when I said I was tired of walking around for too long. 

It was around midnight when the guests started leaving one by one. The house was almost empty at that time. Henry was sitting besides me on the sofa in the middle of the room watching a cartoon on the television. 

"Did you have fun today?" I gathered up the courage to ask.

"Hmm." He hummed back, with his eyes still on the animation.

The backdoor slammed open and I jumped up at the loud noise. Jasper was standing in front of the door, glaring at us. He scoffed and slammed back the door again. He took his eyes away from our direction and walked out of the house. 

I didn't know what it was but after this party's incident, Jasper hadn't been bothering me. Even his small fries left me alone. Maybe because Loren started hanging out around us. Or hopefully, Jasper finally got tired of bullying me. Well, that was what I hoped at least.