Eddie/Narrator "We Don't Talk About Juicy"

Okay so I watched Encanto a few weeks ago and well... my brain has an itch to write this. Enjoy!

Narrator pov

Walking into the small town, a couple of children ran past, flying some kites behind them as the warm wind lifted them up and over the small houses.

"Hello!" They yelled as they ran past
"Hello." I answered

A familiar set of blue eyes stared at me from down the path, quickly looking down and walking the same direction I was going.

"Narrator!" Some kids cheered
"Hi everyone!" I answered waving at some of the kids

Lots of the children looked really excited, as if it had been years since I saw them. Truth was, I had barely been gone a couple of months, looking for clues as to where one of my friends could be.

"I have to find him and-"

"LOOK OUT BELOW!" Someone yelled

I looked up, just barely noticing Josh jump off the roof and into a cart of hay.

"Hey Grant!" Josh said from the pile of hay on top of him

I answered with a brief "hello" and continued on my way, walking towards the small house in the distance. I noticed Kristy growing some flowers from the side of the house to the top, changing the color of each one as she went. Eddie quickly changed from Mully's shape to Josh in a split second. Smashing showed up and stuck his head out of a window, looking at Eddie shapeshift from Josh to Mully as Dose and Gabby dealt with Tannar's "rain clouds" above her head.

"Welcome to the family." I thought to myself

I was the only one without some sort of magical power, the only "minority" in a crowd of superheroes.

"Ayo it's Narrator!" Kristy yelled as I walked up the stairs

Just a few yards away from the house, all of my friends ran towards me. Eddie was the first to reach me as he tuned back into his normal person. He ran up to me and gave me a big hug as the rest of our friends followed behind him.

"I'm glad you're back." He said stepping back
"It feels good to be back."
"Why did you leave us?" Gabby asked

I honestly didn't want to answer the question, yet I knew they would all figure out the answer based on previous events.

"You know I had to go look." I answered

Eddie frowned and Gabby looked down at the ground.

"We're not supposed to talk about him." Eddie responded quietly
"Why?"

Gabby walked towards Kristy, helping her finish the last part of their chores.

"Swags said we shouldn't talk about him."

We both sat down at a table across from each other, letting the silence sink in.

"Gaege is our friend... my brother, and Swagger just wants us to forget he existed?"

Eddie reach out a hand and put it on mine. He seemed to understand my pain and smiled a little at me.

"I didn't forget Juicy... and I sure as hell didn't forget you."

I nodded at his words, knowing there wasn't much I could do anyways.

"So... why don't we talk about him now? What's the sudden change?"
"Well I know it started-"

A hand rested on my shoulder, causing both Eddie and I to jump and look behind me. It was only Josh.

"What's going on here?" He asked
"We-"
"I asked Eddie about Gaege... nothing else."

Josh frowned, giving Eddie a death stare to put Eddie is his place and make him feel small.

"Gaege made his choice so we should live with it." Josh answered in a bitter tone
"You're joking right?! Gaege is my family and all you want to do is move on like he doesn't exist?! He's still alive you moron!"

Eddie grabbed my arm as I went to stand while Josh took a step back, knowing full well I would take a swing at him.

"Don't Grant. You'll just make him mad." Eddie suggested

I pulled away from his grip, walking past Josh and walking back into the house.

"Oh hey Grant! What's wrong?" Gabby asked
"Well-"
"Right you and Eddie were talking about Juicy."
"Then why did-"

She put a finger to my lips, silencing me quickly.

"You know Gaege could see the future?"
"Yeah of course I know that."
"Well everyone thinks he saw something about us and vanished. I think he's in the house still."
"What makes you say that?"

She looked around, as if someone could be eavesdropping on us.

"I hear the walls making sounds... kinda like falling sand."

Eddie walked through one of the side doors, eyeing Gabby and I.

"He sees your dreams and feasts on your screams. Don't you remember Grant?" Eddie asked

I shook my head. This was the first time anyone had told me about Gaege's powers.

"That's why we don't talk about him." Gabby spoke
"He brings bad luck to everyone he meets!" Eddie added
"Your fate is sealed when your prophecy is read!" Tannar said from upstairs

The voices of each of my friends made it seem like Gaege was the villain of this story... but that can't be true. I knew Juicy wasn't a bad person, bad luck just seemed to follow him and whoever he was with. He wasn't evil.

"Yeah about that... he can't be the villain. I need the truth." I answered them

They ignored me as I climbed the stairs and went to my old room, looking out the window as the day slowly turned to night.

"I'll find you Gaege... you have my word."

The end! Hope you enjoyed!