Electric Sparks

Chapter Fifteen

~Gunner~

I pushed past the large doors and felt a bit of relief fill me as I witnessed my family gathered together. I nodded once at them and hurried over to the small room where I could shift back to human form and dress. Once ready I made certain to look presentable before walking out.

My mother embraced me, her tears were unable to be contained and neither her sobs of relief. My father patted my shoulder and gave me a thin lip smile. His eyes shifted to Mindy, she stood by the heavy duty door, her face a strong stern expression while her arms crossed over her chest. He looked to me again and there was questions in his eyes as he took my mother away and embraced her.

I looked towards Jeremiah, he sat painfully close to his pregnant wife, slowly rubbing her swollen belly.I couldn't help but look to where she stood. Was she feeling on edge? Did it feel awkward for her to be standing in a tight space with both men who had rejected her? I forced my gaze away from her and hurried over to the radio transmitter.

"Eagle eye, this is Alpha, come in." I said.

There was only static as a response. We were in the dark for now. It still didn't stop me from trying to get across. After a while of pressing buttons and changing stations I finally gave up.

Standing I observed the small bunker deep underground. I knew very well that although it was a safe house it was also a trap. If the humans found out just where we were located they could easily burn us alive inside or poison us.

The large desk in front of me contained the radio transmitter and a few small TV screens displaying the outside. There was nothing but trees and tall grass to greet us as I looked to each one.

"Soldier. Your name." I said to one of the four guards standing buy.

"Ferguson." He replied in a respectful manner.

"Take your position behind this desk. Anything moves, tell me. We need to be aware of anything that is happening on the outside. I assume you know how to handle a radio? Make certain to get in contact with the force, give them our location. One more thing, make sure not to try constantly, we do not want the humans picking up our channel." I said.

He nodded in response and hurried over to the desk, taking his seat he put on the headphones and began to find means to make contact. Walking over to the last three I looked to each one. They seemed more like drones rather than wolves as I stared at them.

"My family is in danger. We all are. We cannot stay here for long. If Ferguson fails to make contact we will gather ourselves and move to the second location. I need you all to shift, we are best when we are one with our inner wolf. Pray that we make contact with the General." I said before walking away.

"What will you have us do?" My father asked.

"We will all have to shift."

"What about my wife? She's pregnant Gunner, she cannot shift. It will kill our child and her." Jeremiah protested.

"I need you in wolf form Jeremiah, I understand that your wife cannot shift but we will make certain to protect her." I reassured.

He shook his head in protest and stood as he looked at me with a serious expression. "I am not going to leave her by herself."

"I will look after her. With all do respect Beta, our Alpha needs you." Mindy suddenly said.

We both turned to look at her, there was nothing in her eyes nor her facial expression. She stood much like the rest of the other soldiers. She looked like a drone. I took a deep breath and realized once again that I could no longer catch her scent. It was as if it had vanished. Part of me grew concerned as I looked to Mindy.