Chapter 3

Y/n's POV.

I was peacefully asleep when Jessica woke me up and told me to get dressed and follow her.

I did has she said though I was very confused and still half asleep. When I walk out of my room I see Paul looking at me with the same tired face I had on.

" Come on we must go" Jessica pressed.

We both gave each other confused glances but still followed her.

She led us to a door and said "remember your training and remember do anything the reverend mother tells you" she warned. She looked purely terrified which made me even more terrified she gave us both warm embraces and then ushered us in the door.

"Reverend Mother" Jessica speaks softly.

"Leave us" the reverend mother hisses. Jessica leaves at once and the second the door closes stupid Paul decides to accuse the reverend mother.

"You dismiss my mother in her own house" Paul says angrily.

"Silence!" She speaks using the voice.Paul goes quite as soon as the words are spoken." Come here!" She says we both go up to her. "Kneel!" She commands us, we both fall to our knees. "How dare you use the voice on us" I say.

The reverend mother says nothing but removes her hand revealing a box. Then quickly placing pins almost touching our neck. " The test is simple remove your hand from the box and you die, I hold at the tip your neck the gob Jambar. Instant death." She says coldly.

"You boy, put your hand in the box." She states

Paul POV.

"You boy, put your hand in the box." She states

I look at y/n who looks terrified more than me even. Reluctantly I put it in knowing that if I don't Y/n would suffuse the consequences.

It starts off as a burning tingly kinda feeling then escalates very quickly to where to immense amount of Pain overtaking my body every inch of me wanting to remove my had from the box but the only thing stopping me from doing so was the girl beside me.

I couldn't let her die I would never let her die. I yelled and was clearly in so much physical pain. "Silence" the mother commands. I look over at y/n who has tears in her eyes and is looks physically in pain while having to watch me get torture.

Right when I almost couldn't take it something inside me jolted or awoke in me and I could no longer fell the immense pain but the tingly feeling once again.

I looked at the reverend mother in her yes with so much anger and control she was the one looking scared now.

"Enough!" She states. As soon as she says she removes the needles from our neck and I take my hand out expecting it to be bloody are some sort of change but it looked the same as it was.

I looked at Y/n while she had tears in her eyes and gave her a warm embrace. She was always there for me when I needed her most, she was my world my whole world I just needed to find the courage to tell her.