Chapter 5

Y/n's POV.

I woke up that morning alone in bed, I thought to my self, "where is Paul we are supposed to go touring to spice production today."

I got out of bed and got ready for the day right as I was about to leave for breakfast lady Jessica comes in " Dear you are going on the tour today right?" "Yes ma'am, I am" I told her. "Good, you will need this then" she hands me a still suit. "Put this on and meet everyone at the Ornithopters hanger" she said. "Got it thanks!" I exclaimed, I was very exited to finally see Arakis in all its supposed glory.

I get the still suit on which let me tell you is very uncomfortable and started heading to the hanger.

Once I get there I see Paul and run up to him and embrace him very tightly.

"Im sorry I left early this morning we had to take care of some minor problems" he says. " Don't worry about it this place has to many "problems" to count" I said jokingly. He chuckled and nodded and then we saw a women walking up to us with blue eyes.

Oh yeah she must be the Dr. they were talking about.

"The Judge of the Change, sire," Gurney says to Leto as we all stop our walking. "Dr. Liet Kynes." "My lord Duke," Kynes says, bowing her head to Leto.

"Welcome to Arrakis." "You're the Imperial Ecologist," Paul says, making her turn to him. "Thank you for the stillsuits."

"They are Fremen make," Kynes says. "The best. With your permission, sire," she says, starting towards Leto, "I must check the integrity of your suit-"

She stops as Gurney and another man pull out their blades, putting them on both sides of her neck. "Jesus," I mutter.

"Woah," Leto says, putting his hand on Gurney's shoulder. "It's all right." The blades are lowered. Leto chuckles a little. "Dr. Kynes, we're in your hands."

She steps forward and starts checking Leto's suit. "A stillsuit is a high-efficiency filtration system. Even this early in the morning, you wouldn't survive two hours without one of these." She walks around to his back, then bends down to his ankles. "It cools the body and recycles the waterlost to sweat." She goes to Gurney. 

"Your body's movements provide the power. Inside the mask, you'll find a tube to allow you to drink the recycled water." She goes back to where she was before she checked the suits.

Leto hums and nods. "In good working order, your suit won't lose more than a thimbleful of water a day," she adds.

"Most impressive," Leto acknowledges. Kynes turns to Paul. "Let's have a look at you, lad." She puts her hands on his shoulders before dropping them and looking at his ankles.

"You've...worn a stillsuit before?" "No, this is my first time," he says.

"Your desert boots are fitted slip-fashion at the ankles. Who taught youto do that?"

"It seemed the right way," Paul says."Are you Fremen?" Paul asks. Kynes turns back to Paul and pauses. "I am accepted in both sietch and village. Now, come and see the spice sands on which your livelihood depends."

"What would you do if your ornithopter went down out here?" Paul asks Kynes, looking out the side of the ornithopter. "You wouldn't want to go down out there," Kynes replies. Paul and I turn to her. "It's worm territory."

Gurney moves his chair forward, pointing between my shoulder and Paul's. "Dust cloud," he says. "I see it," Leto says.

"That's one of your harvesters, Kynes says, making Gurney go back in his chair.