Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 - ᴅᴇɴʏ, ᴅᴇɴʏ, ᴅᴇɴʏ

ʙʟᴜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ

What they say was true, there was really no rest for the weary

At Buck's place, Blue and Dally weren't quite asleep though it was late pillows lay on the floor, and sheets were crumbled from constant movement.

The two older teens were in their beds in their separate rooms, and neither of them could go to bed. There was so much on both of their minds, too much time to process all of it. It was driving them both crazy—especially Dallas.

Back at the DX, he had realized something, about him, about Blue. It was something that he didn't want to accept but his good ole brain just made him even more wretched. He had enough of it.

Dally got up, he ransacked his old dresser for some jeans and a dark blue shirt. He slipped his sneakers on before tucking a pack of cigarettes and his lighter into his back pocket.

If anything was gonna help him, it would be a night drive.

And on the other hand, Blue had gotten out of bed also, wrapped her hands, and started to punch a makeshift bag that she made with half of an old tire and a large t-shirt Buck had laying around. She was also trying to wrap her head around her parents' mysterious deaths—and like Dally, her feelings toward him.

She wondered why she even tried to reconcile with him, why did she even try with Dallas? Honestly, she didn't know and it only made her want to punch even harder.

She was so invested that she didn't even realize Dallas approached her room hell, he didn't even realize he was doing it till he stopped last second. Dallas mentally face palmed, he just almost made a fool out of himself.

He turned on his heel to go down the stairs, Buck was asleep at the bar—probably fell asleep drunk. He snatched the keys that were next to Buck's empty glass and ran outside to the car, hoping inside and, starting it up.

Dally drove fast like he usually would not like how he drove for some reason when he was with Blue. Even that frustrated him, since when did Dallas Winston slow down for anybody?

He tried his best to stop thinking, letting the cold night calm him but soon the silence became also deafening. Dally switched on the radio hoping to hear something he enjoyed like Johnny B. Goode or Jailhouse Rock or anything that would stop him from thinking.

"My love must be a kind of blind love, I can't see anyone but you..."

Only three words were running through Dally's head. What the fuck. Why was the universe doing this to him tonight? He tried to turn the radio off while making sure he didn't swerve off the road.

"I only have eyes for you—" There, he finally turned off the radio. Maybe the silence was better than the music right now. Dallas didn't know, all he could do was reposition his hands on the steering wheel, something anything that wouldn't make him think about Blue. It was easier said than done.