Act III; Part VIII: Big Boss

Eliant gives what orders he can to his ship and what's left of his fleet as Grand Admiral Zherph's armada closes in. They wasted very little time after Admiral Ackbar's departure before calculating their micro-jump to Termina Minor. They arrive 80,000 meters out from the CMRA's tail, giving Zherph just enough time to update orders. Formations tighten to fill the gaps left by destroyed Capital ships.

When the enemy fleets closes the distance, they move to flank the CMRA. The Sun Herald stays at a range of 14,000 meters and its Konkrer destroyers join their fellows on the Starboard Wing. A forward attack group of Star Destroyers and some Mon Calamari Cruisers rush towards the CMRA, flying over the Konkrer destroyers to attack the rear, completely ignoring what's left of the Republic ships. 

Eliant steps over to one of his officer's console and begins plugging in calculations

Eliant steps over to one of his officer's console and begins plugging in calculations. He steps away, "In a worst case scenario we can survive long enough for the 2nd fleet to reach us. The only question is whether or not we'll be able to finish the fight or if we'll have to escape. I'd prefer to remain since we can extract the ground troops under fire much more safely than the 2nd fleet, but our home comes first."

An update lights up on the dash. Eliant adds, "Lieutenant, you're wanted by the sun Herald. Mind if I answer for you?"

"As you wish Councilor."

A small hologram of Grand Admiral Zherph appears. He says, "Clairvoyant I see. I'll get right to it then."

"Please Grand Admiral, I'm very busy running both the fleet and the battle as a whole. Make it short."

"Your fleet? Your fleet is one ship. What's left of your destroyers aren't even attempting to fly for themselves and the Republic Cruisers are too busy with their own problems. And it's that ship that I wanted to talk about. It's built from the Supremacy isn't it? You've done a fine job fixing it up... I almost can't tell it got split in half."

"Yes, and Konkra has already added some damage to the other side as if to leave their own scars. Why do you ask?"

"Konkra won't be leaving anything. This ship I fly is similar to the Executor, the Ravager, and the other infamous Star Dreadnoughts that terrorized the galaxy under the old empire. Under the First Order, the Supremacy never garnered that reputation. Today I will make sure the Chimaera never does either by reducing it to scrap. 

"There is nothing you can do to bargain with me. There is nowhere you can run to avoid me. I will rob the new Empire of their terror weapon and cement the glittering gold and shining white glory of the Sun Herald in the galaxy's mind as a symbol of liberation, the better to enforce the Sun Doctrine. Goodbye Lord of Strength."

The transmission ends. Eliant returns to his post. He assures his officers, "As I said, in a worst case scenario, we can still last until the 2nd fleet arrives. Ignore his overconfident posturing. And the vessel's real name was all too obvious anyway."