• 16 • l'art en toi

"No."

He made it crystal clear, his voice flat. With his firm expression, anyone could comprehend, he was not changing his decision.

"Jungkook, please. My parents are going out of town. Also, think about how bad it would be for me to stay all alone with no one around?" You had dictated your whole proposal to him and his every reply had been clashing. Now you were stuck, trying to convince him about this whole dangerous but fun proffer. By turning this whole ordeal into as much of a sob or pity story you could.

"Y/N..." He trailed off, closing his eyes shut. His hand massaging his temple. You weren't going to shut up about it any soon, plus he hated to decline anything you asked for in the first place. Yet, he was trying to make you understand about this. "I know you are excited about this but always remember what we are. You are my student. I can't have a student staying at my place. I'm not allowing it. And for all you know, I might not be what you think I am. I'm doing this to keep you safe, petal. From everyone, including myself."

You clenched your jaw. You had been working so hard to get all this done. He was on the negative side of things, well, not really. But when one's angry and determined, one tends to find fault in others.

"Jungkook, you never tell me anything. You never share anything about yourself. You are always so distant from me, yet I like you. I'm ready to go through all of this to be with you. I just can't help but feel so attracted to... to...everything you are. I don't need to protect myself from you. You're you. You're an artist, you haven't even shown me your works. Except of the one I came upon myself. Am I not mature enough or something? Am I too young for you? I don't understand what are you so secretive for. I'll be in uni next year, no one would fucking care if you are a teacher. We're just not telling everyone about this, what's so new about it to you? You are already not telling so many things. This just gets added, Mr. Jeon, to your list of big secrets." Your irritated voice finally conciliated. Your breath was heavy from the moderate scream in your tone, it frustrated you.

"Anger. It's a coping mechanism," he said, quietly. Like your rant hadn't swayed him a bit.

"I'm not angry," you reply, curtly.

"You should be. With so much frustration inside, it would help to be angry," his voice was still quiet.

"You're ignoring me." Your head bends down, to conceal the hurt.

"Everything has a time."

"It's been months."

"Time isn't defined in months and years." The furrowing depth of his irises showed the depth inside.

"Time isn't defined by anything. Don't push me away and cast about for it." You were insistent. Even if your relationship wasn't unfettered, something was needed to make it tight. The tension was undeniable, your bodies that were always in-training for resisting the others. Every other thing was always pushed aside, it shouldn't be like that.

"I'm unaware how to. I've lost track of it a long time ago. I'm just...wandering."

"I know. We both are."

There was a pause. Jungkook's hands clasped behind, he really had the posture of a teacher. He was contemplating, while looking away from you. In that moment, you felt impatient but serene, you were impatient to know what deep thoughts were churning in that intelligent mind. Serene cuz it felt like he was really considering this option, considering you.

"I'll allow this...only if you agree to study. We both would be, strictly and solely, focused on learning and art."

The joy in you was so evident, he could feel it within him too. Or that were his own feelings, celebrating their owner's approval. In that moment, you didn't care about anything else, he had allowed you to step a little closer to him. A lot closer to him. He was loosening up to you.