• 31 • emmène-moi à paris

Sometimes life feels like a maze, the ones they give out on every weekend in the newspaper. The next weekend you get the answer key to the previous maze. This pipe dream of getting an answer key doesn't succeed in real life. Oftentimes, you don't get answers, more often there's a cul-de-sac and there is an overpour or paucity of paths.

As Y/N grew up, her life took a stride. Career became a priority before anything and everything. In the secret locked corner of her heart, Jungkook always stayed. As a memory, as a reason for her breaths, as the white angelic snowfall which flaked down on the vast city of Seoul. There was always a tomorrow when she could search for him. It was such a far away destination to meet him, she'd not put thought into it after she completed her masters. There wasn't even a faint echo from his side. She doubted if he even wants to meet her now, if he remembers a girl named Kim Y/N who he gave the world to.

They had been allowed to enjoy each other's company only for a year. After the good times, hands had been separated and backs had been turned. She would glimpse into the past sometimes, when she'd be all alone in her apartment. When she let the white wine swirl in her glass and watch the fizz sizzle, she would wholeheartedly miss him and wish on a life which could have been. The painting which was gifted by him as a last reminder, now hung on her bedroom wall. But, other than that, both of them seemingly never looked back. It had been too long. Too long.

She had a life, with new people, different surroundings. Meetings, work, commitments. A team relying on her. It just wasn't feasible to go on a blind hunt to find him. The hopes of ever seeing each other in this life time had been abandoned and forgotten. It was an accepted reality that heaven had once been and was no more. They had continued to pursue life head-on, or at least she had.

She was a double major in fine arts and psychology. Her art started gaining more recognition around the city amidst art enthusiasts as she began exhibiting. Gradually, by the time she graduated her master's, she was quite popular at the university as a famous artist. Her future training in fine arts updated her to a level where everything was as raw as it was professional. She had a team working for her. Under the name of 'Chérie', her art was sold and bought. People paid thousands to attend her workshops. Korea loved her. Instagram pages were dedicated to her and her art.

Quite a spectacle, heads turned as she walked yet the soft honey smile never left her lips. Once upon a full moon, a dear man had told her that his humble roots had gotten him so far and she stuck to those teachings. He was not with her, but she lived her life the way it would make him proud.

Her family was proud. Her brother, who was turning 16 this year, had taken a not-so-surprising interest in soccer and was now the captain of the school team. His height had shot up, he was taller than her now. A thousand girls probably wished to touch some grass when his lithe suave body drove in a goal on the field. Since Taehyung had also started his own photography venture, he stayed busy but never forgot to check up on her. Despite him being the only reason why things had changed back then, she have no strength to hold a grudge against him. Time heals and he'd been the only true friend she'd had. He had helped her through so many ups and downs. There were times when she had terrible breakdowns or burnouts, times when her career would be shining brightly too. He was there through it all and she were grateful.

She and Taehyung knew that if someone was fated to her, it was Jungkook and only Jungkook. And, that was the only way she'd be truly happy. For her happiness, he'd let her go. He couldn't see her down, it felt pathetic to hold on when he knew her remedy was someone else.

●●●

"Seojun, check on the delivery to Paero Dome and update me. I want all the artworks shipped by tonight," you said to your assistant while tapping at your computer. You rarely work with computers, but the tap-tap sounds of the keys is therapeutic at the end of the day.