Chapter 2 - Lets Find Them

This time there was no secrets, no lies, no hesitation. Bruno immediately let the older family members know what he saw and showed them the vision. They looked to Abuela. It was her memory after all.

"Ay dios mio. So I wasn't dreaming.... " she said as Felix and Augustin eased her into a chair. "What do you mean 'Ma?" Pepa said with a small rumbling cloud over her head.  She and Julieta settled in the seats next to her.

"I saw her. That night there was so much going on but...before we continued walking after receiving the encanto I saw her. She was in the bushes! I asked if she was coming with us but..she just ....smiled gently at me. Before turning around and walking back into the forest." Abuela looked pale.

"Mijo.... did she give us our gift? Is that what this is? Why is it coming from her? What is it?" Who is she?" She began to falter and everyone perked up a bit to settle her. "Mom ya...calmada." Julieta said pouring her Mother a cup of coffee. Abuela was older now. She was tired and finally letting herself just be an older head of the household that was cared for.

"W-well..." Bruno said standing up. "Im going to go find out what or w-who this person is." He announced slightly trembling but determined. "but Bruno–" Pepa started "But nothing." He ended. "Y-You all took c-care of the village for a long t-t-time. It's MY turn. I'LL find out what this vision is. Its MY vision." he mumbled loudly holding onto the bottom of his shirt with both hands.

Camilo jumped up and stretched. "Well let me pack. Dont leave without me Tio Bruno. I wont take long." He said as he jogged towards his room. "Do I even have shoes for the jungle...? Maybe..no? I could've sworn.... " Mirabel mumbled as she left the room as well. "You think I'll have to break a mountain on the way Tio Bruno? Cause if do I'll wear my blue skirt, but if I dont I'll wear my purple one. My purple's ones nicer and I dont want mountain bits to ruin it." Luisa said with a tone of concern as she headed towards her room as well.

"Wait what— wait a min– wha- why? WAIT!" Bruno followed the three of them out the kitchen into the center of the house. "Are you guys....?" They stopped.

"Going with you? Yes." the three said in unison. "But why....?" He said quietly gripping the bottom of his shirt again. He felt the thoughts flood into him. Did they not trust him? Did they think he was up to something evil again? Or was he not capable enough? Of course he wasnt. Even his own power up was selfishly to extend his own life time. Why would they trust "We dont talk about" Bruno. Hell why would ANYONE trust him he couldnt even— his thoughts were cut short because at that moment..... something warm ran into his legs and wrapped its self around them. It was Manny.

Manny, poor sweet Manny fed up with this extremely emotional family had a snot strand from his face to Bruno's pants and had a very angry look on his face despite having streams of tears flowing down his cheeks. "Ay mijo..sweet boy come here... Im sorry." Bruno lifted Manny and held him as tight as he could. Manny did the same. Camilo came down and rubbed Manny's back. "If he's this upset Im assuming youre thinking something pretty nasty of yourself so stop." Camilo hugged them both. Then Mirabel came in and held the three. Then Luisa came and hugged them all which knocked every ounce of air out of their lungs.

"We're going with you because its safer this way. We care about you." Luisa said adjusting her uncle's sarape back into place. "Im clearly the muscle, Mirabel can be the brains, youre the future seeing guy and Camilo..." she turned to point at him but he was still face down on the ground with Mirabel and Manny crouched down poking him lightly with sticks . He got the majority of her hug. She swiftly turned back around placing a heavy hand on her uncle's shoulder. "Camilo's dead, Tio. He's gone. Dont worry about it. Its life. we were honestly just gonna use him for jaguar bait or something if it came down to it if Im completely honest with you." She said monotonously.  "Stop killing me off! Im not dead!!! I was supposed to be recon Luisa! RECON! I was supposed to be sneaky and blend into the surroundings just in case whoever this is, is dangerous! Dont feed me to the wild life!" He said crustily as he got up. Luisa shrugged "Or both." They all laughed then got ready. As much as they joked , it was true. Of all the available family members they were the best choice. The others were too old, too young, pregnant or parents to the little ones. They left Antonio behind to take care of everyone. Mirabel hugged him. "Take care of them 'Tonito, okay?" He hugged her tightly. Despite only being 15 he was already much taller than her too and could lift her off her feet. "Okay...I will prima." He assured her.

Some kisses and hugs goodbye later. They were off.