Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A/N: I'm sorry it took longer than expected to publish this because I've been sick (bronchitis) and didn't feel up to write. As requested, I tried to write a second chapter. This was intended to be a one-shot in the first place :p Warning contains a character death spoiler for Station 19. I hope y'all enjoy reading this. We need a bit of friends/family fluff. Stay safe

Sofia's POV

It's been a year since I'm back in Chicago and befriended everyone from 51, Med and the 21st District. The Halstead brothers and I became close friends. My brother and I organize siblings' games on the weekends with Antonio, Gabby, Jay and Will. Recently Andy and Travis came to visit and told me Dean had died in action. I may not work for 19 anymore but they are still family to me and I liked Dean a lot. My thoughts were with 19 and mainly little Pru. Andy said Ben and Miranda took her in that reassured me, I knew Miranda always wanted a little girl since her miscarriage. I facetimed Vic a lot to help her grief but it wasn't easy, he had been her best friend and had had feelings for her. Joe has been my rock since I got this sad news; we spend a lot of time watching movies or hockey games together. We grew a lot stronger together as brother and sister.

After a wonderful girls night out weekend with Emily, Gabby, Brett, I had absolutely no motivation to get up and go to work. I love my job but my bed is so warm. I nearly fall asleep again when my door springs open and in comes Joe.

'Goooood morning mini-me, it's time to get up. C'mon 51 ain't nothing without the both of us, they need us and our goofiness. Even Otis comes to check on me, as I'm normally the first one up. I sigh and get up. Joe and Otis finally leave to let me shower and dress for shift. 15 minutes later, I join them in our kitchen, making myself coffee, taking the pancake Joe is handing me.

'Quick! We're gonna be late and Casey will be angry again.' Soon after, we left for the Firehouse. As soon as we arrived Gallo asked me if I could cook lunch. 'Really? You're trusting a Cruz to cook?' Mouch laughed

Before I could reply something, we got called into a structure fire. By the sound of it, I think we're in for a long shift. Great I enjoy long shifts. After a 15-minute ride, we arrived at a tower, which was burning. Holy hell this will be fun. Chief Boden was already instructing Squad 3 to rescue any person trapped. Upon arriving on scene, Casey told Gallo, Ritter, Otis and me to climb further into the tower. Before that, I quickly got to my brother, we did our special handshake before a call. 'Stay safe Sofia. I want you out safe.' I smiled and gave him a tap on the shoulder before rejoining my truck trio.

As we climbed to the 12th floor, the smoke was getting thicker. Gallo and Ritter helped two victims. My oxygen level is running low but I keep pushing forward, stubborn firefighter. I had managed to come out of a burning building with little oxygen left in Seattle years ago and my stubborn self didn't want me to give up. Soon after climbing to the 13th floor, I felt my body giving in. I even lost Otis who was behind me the whole time. Damn me for being so reckless.

'Captain, bro, Brian if anyone hears me my I'm going to run out of air soon. I'm on floor 13.'

Meanwhile Gallo and Ritter exited the building each with a victim, sighing. 'God that's one hell of a fire! Wait where's Sofia?!' Gallo exclaimed turning around not seeing the female firefighter. As soon as he heard Sofia's words, he hoped not to cross Joe's path. He exchanged a glance with Ritter and gulped seeing an angry Cruz marching up to them.

'HOW THE HELL COULD YOU LOSE HER AND EVEN OTIS?' He bellowed. Everyone looked at him. 'How the hell could you lose her? She was supposed to be behind you guys. I swear to god, if she's hurt...' He didn't finish his sentence when he heard the beep over the radio. 'Firefighter down! I repeat Firefighter down! It's Sofia, her oxygen ran out. Severide send someone up please, I need help to get her down.' Otis shouted trying to stay composed. After hearing this, Joe began pacing around. Capp told him not to worry but it was like he's talking to a wall. 'Cruz stop pacing, you're making me dizzy!' Mouch said after a while.

Kelly and Matt decided to go in and help Otis. They quickly reached floor number 13. They saw Sofia lying motionless and hurriedly carried her down. Gabby had a stretcher ready, Brett took her mask off. Joe climbed into the ambo and rode with them to Med.

Upon arriving, Sofia was immediately taken care of by Connor and roughly and hour later she was good to go. Joe was still mad at her for being reckless. As they exited the emergency room, she saw the whole Firehouse waiting for them, she had found her family.

A/N: That's it Chihards, Sofia reckless Cruz is home safe and sound. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Written while listening to Time's Running Out – VG LUCAS (RIP Pruitt Herrera)