| Chapter Two | Hearts

"Where are we going now?" Tommy panted. "Our secret hiding spot," Ranboo said. "Ours?" Tommy asked incredulously. "No," Ranboo said, not looking back. "Well, no shit," Tommy muttered. "And... there!" Tommy looked over where Ranboo was pointing. A small, ramshackle treehouse was barely holding on to one of the lower branches. Ranboo started climbing the disintegrating ladder. Tommy climbed up unsurely after him. Once Tommy reached the top of the ladder, Ranboo was already sitting cross-legged on the dusty floor, his tail twitching excitedly. "He should be here annnnnyyyyy minute." Tommy shrugged and sat in the corner. Almost right after Ranboo's prediction, they both felt the ladder swing slightly. Then a small head popped up through the floor hole. "Boo!" He shouted. "Hi!" Ranboo said back with equal enthusiasm. Tubbo, Tommy assumed, hugged Ranboo tightly. "Hi," Tommy said awkwardly. "Oh yeah! Look who I found!" Tubbo adjusted so he was sitting next to Ranboo. "Is he dangerous?" Tubbo whispered to Ranboo. "I'm right here," Tommy said, annoyed. "Alright. Are you dangerous?" Tommy paused, confused and taken aback. "Uh... No?" Tubbo smiled. "Good." Tommy surveyed the pair in the silence that ensued. They were sitting in a precarious position, in which if either of them moved, even an inch, they would both topple. Another thing Tommy noticed was two golden bands. They each had one. Ranboo was wearing his normally. It was just on his ring finger. But Tubbo's was in a subtle place that only if you looked closely could you see it. "Are you guys married or something?" Tommy questioned. Tubbo nodded. "Yup." There was a few beats of silence. "Let's go exploring," Ranboo said suddenly, standing up. Like Tommy had predicted, Tubbo tumbled over. "Sorry." Ranboo said, kneeling so he could help Tubbo up. At this angle, Tommy could see a small heart birthmark on Tubbo's cheek. "This is fuckin weird." Tommy muttered. "No. It's mad." Ranboo corrected. Tubbo shot Tommy a grin. "Well, of course, Boo. We're all mad here."
-
After the strange ritual-like thing, Tommy fell completely silent. They all exited the treehouse, Ranboo and Tubbo keeping up a consistent chatter while doing so. Incessant talking from the pair as they were wandering around too. Until someone raced up to them. "What are you doing here?" Grey hissed. "Walking?" Tubbo said nervously. "Well, you're fine bee boy," Jay said passively. "But these two," grey pointed to Tommy and Ranboo, "Better run. The queen is right pissed. And she would happily take it out on a newcomer and a dumbass." Ranboo flicked grey in the arm. Tubbo winced. No expression passed Tommy's face. "What the hell is going on here?" Tommy asked after a few seconds. "Who is this 'Queen'?" Jay raised greys eyebrows. "How do you not know about the Queen of Hearts?" Tommy shrugged. "I just don't." Jay frustratedly exhaled. "Damn it. Ok, I need to get you two hidden." Ranboo looked up quickly. "Tubbo too, right Jay?" Jay quickly shook greys head. "No. That would be suspicious." Tubbo sighed. "Jay is right Ranboo. I should head home." Ranboo visibly slouched. "Ok then." "Sorry, Boo. See you later." Tubbo quickly hugged Ranboo, then ran off. Ranboo sadly waved, then turned back to Jay. "Alright. Let's get you two hidden." Jay said confidently. Then grey suddenly turned around. Tommy and Ranboo followed. After a bit of walking, Jay turned around a victorious smile on greys face. "Just the place, isn't it?" Ranboo smiled at Jay, faded memories flooding his head. Meanwhile, Tommy was shocked speechless.
~~
Word Count: 591
A/N
Please tell me if I'm using neopronouns right! I also did take a nap :)