02. BREAK UPS

━━━━ ( 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 )
chapter two. junior year.

               "YOU READY?" ANDIE'S voice rung through Lucia's ears but the girl made no indication of agreement

"YOU READY?" ANDIE'S voice rung through Lucia's ears but the girl made no indication of agreement. Instead, the younger of the two began to shake her head, forming a protest but Andrea let out a hum before grasping her wrist. "Yeah you are, c'mon," Dragging her along, Lucia nearly trips over her feet as the taller girl leads the way into East High.

"I could literally be working right now," Lucia huffs but nonetheless leans closer toward Andrea's body, using her as a shield from her fellow alumni as well as a barricade from anyone running her over. "First days of school are overrated anyway, Nic should've just put me on the schedule,"

"Listen workaholic, that's illegal. Besides, Nic isn't even an actual manager yet," Andie snickers, double checking her phone for her locker number. "And it's my last first day ever, remember? Well, and my first first day here but you know what I mean. Just because you have another year left doesn't mean we're gonna skip out on the cool stuff for me,"

"School is nowhere near cool stuff," Lucie mumbled dryly before the duo came to a halt at the set of locker filled walls. Leaning against the metal, the girl shuts her eyes momentarily taking in a few breath as Andie inputs her combination and swings open the door to her left.

"I know you're usually moody and angry but you seem extra capricious today,"

"It's barely gonna be eight, can you chill out on being a walking dictionary. I barely have the brain capacity to sit through six classes of syllabi later,"

"Capricious isn't even a hard word numb-nuts,"

Frowning her brows, Lucia allows her eyes to trail over Andie with judgement. "Numb-nuts? Who even says that anymore? What are you, five?"

"This coming from the girl who calls people chump unironically," Andie retorts, an airy laugh leaving her lips as she shoves the last of her textbooks into the tiny compact metal.

"I only call Nic that," Lucia corrects lazily.

"Yeah but chump, seriously?"

Shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly, a small yawn escaped the girls lips. "I don't know what to tell you, he's a chump. Not my problem, I just call it like I see it,"

"Ah, sorry us simpleton don't use insults from the 18th century," Andrea rolls her eyes, sparing an amused glance to Lucia who blinked back with a blank expression.

"You're a chump for knowing when it originated," With a laugh bubbling from her lips, Andie merely shakes her head. Instead of furthering their minor argument, she focuses on gathering her things for the day, sorting her freshly new locker and glancing over her schedule for what seemed to be the hundredth time as Lucia watched. Straightening up, the younger girl allowed her eyes to roam around the halls. "You know, you're practically a genius. Stop being so worried about today, everything's gonna be fi-"