04. CURIOSITY (NOSINESS)

━━━━     ( 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 )
chapter four. junior year.

              "GET OFF YOUR phone," Tossing a straw wrapper in Andie's direction, Nic gained the girls attention who spared him a bored look back

"You know, you've been very needy today Nicky, if you wanted my attention that bad you can just say so," Andrea retorts, barely paying him mind as she continued to scroll at whatever she had displayed on her phone.

The boy opted to roll his eyes. "It's your turn, idiot," Gesturing to the colorful card pile on the desk, he pointed between the two girls. "And yes I want attention, Lucie's out of it and you've been ignoring us since you got here. You guys are being boring today,"

"Oh really?" Andie challenged. "Cough up the coffee and cake pop we bought you earlier then if you wanna keep talking,"

"You guys truly never fail to argue over the dumbest stuff," Lucia spoke up. After her eventful first day of school, the younger girl couldn't help but feel drained. Drained and anxious. Her head swirled with never ending thoughts of what could go wrong due to earlier's events, making her quieter than usual but she still paid attention as the trio began their nightly ritual of board games as Monday's were usually slow. Andie, on the other hand, she had no idea why she was so distracted or what she was looking at but Nic was growing impatient at how slow the Uno game was going. "And I bought him the coffee and cake pop, Ands,"

"See I knew it, you're never nice enough to willingly bring me food," Snapping his fingers, Nic let out a small 'ah-ha!' upon the new information. Meanwhile, it's was Andrea's turn to roll her eyes.

"I brought you take-out last week,"

"You brought me your leftover shrimp fried rice," Nic deadpanned but Andie gave him a confused look, not seeing his point. "I'm allergic to shrimp, numb-nuts. And there was barely anything in the box but sure, you're so thoughtful Di. Me suffocating to death is just a minor inconvenience to your selfless act,"

"Simply don't be allergic to shrimp and we wouldn't have this problem," Andrea spoke with a shrug causing Lucia to frown her brows.

"You're allergic to nuts. And lactose,"

Nic let out a small snort, holding a hand out to Lucia for a high-five. "Imagine not being able to eat dairy and having a nut allergy. Truly the weakest link here,"

"The peanut thing doesn't even count. My face just puffs up and I get hives. And actual dairy is gross anyway," Andie defends, finally placing her phone down as Nic lets out a small laugh.

"Oh yeah, you suffocating after accidentally eating a cashew and shitting your insides out every time after drinking milk is no biggie," He muses. "Did they forget to put almond milk in your drink today? Is that why you spent so long in the bathroom earlier?"